Sign in with
Your question

This PC good for gaming ?

Last response: in Systems
September 11, 2012 5:50:45 PM

How would this PC's performance be in games ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GAMING-PC-Intel-Core2Quad...

Specs are :
Intel Core 2 Quad (EXTREME) Q9400 Core min 2.8ghz x4 CPU - Overclocked CPU Specs will follow..
8gb (2x4Gb) Branded RAM DDR3 min 1333mhz RAM OC Specs will follow...
1 x 1TB/1000Gb SATAII HARD DRIVE & 1 x BLURAY-ROM/DVD-RW &/or 1x DVD RW/ML/DL SATA Optical (2nd OPTIONAL) Drives
ATi Radeon HD5750 OC BLACK-EDITION 1Gb GDDR5 (min 2gb Hypermemory) GDDR5 PCI-E 2.1 Graphics Card HDMI/DVi/VGA Ports & a WinTV Hauppauge PCI DVB Digital TV Tuner Card
min 650w High powered PSU, Gigabit Ethernet, min 8 x USB 2.0 Ports and OPTIONAL 5 in 1 Media Card Reader, Bluetooth EDR2.0, WiFi B/G/N upto 300mbps can be installed/enabled..
min of 2 x LED 80mm Fans or 2 x 120mm LED Fans, 1 x SATA HDD Dual Fans, 1 x PSU Fan & Specially Designed Case Venting Holes and UV Lights (see below

(I just copied and pasted)

I was originally going to build my own but my budget got cut down and i found this, So how will this run in the following games on Ultra settings with 1366x768 resolution Day-z,Crysis2,BF3,Guild wars 2, Wow MOP.
Another question is what is the AMD equivalent of that processor ? Last question is Will it be easy to upgrade on that machine or will it be hard considering its a small case?
Thanks in advance :) 

More about : good gaming

September 11, 2012 6:09:03 PM

This computer couldn't run BF3 or Crysis 2 or any of those high end games on ultra. Most of all, the graphics card and cpu isn't the best. You can run those games on medium with good fps but if you run it on high, your fps is probably going to be like 10.
September 11, 2012 6:15:48 PM

chengvang said:
This computer couldn't run BF3 or Crysis 2 or any of those high end games on ultra. Most of all, the graphics card and cpu isn't the best. You can run those games on medium with good fps but if you run it on high, your fps is probably going to be like 10.

Ah i see, Yeh medium is fine but do you know about Dayz ? its one of the main reasons im after a computer, and if you could link me any computers for around £345 i'd be thankful :)  (or anyone else reading this for that matter)
Related resources
September 12, 2012 2:54:12 PM

Found a new computer for alot cheaper, How could this handle BF3,GW2,Dayz ?

AMD FX 8120 EIGHT CORE 3.1GHZ CPU (TURBO TO 4.0GHZ)

500GB SATA HARD DRIVE

4GB DDR3 1600MHZ FAST MEMORY (16GB MAX)

24 X SATA DVDRW WRITER

GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 MOTHERBOARD

ATI HD 6570 2GB GRAPHICS CARD WITH HYPER MEMORY TO 3.8GB

Please help as im buying tonight or tomorrow
September 13, 2012 6:33:41 PM

If you go with that pc you will need to upgrade the graphic card to something like the Radeon 6870 if you want it for gaming. I think the 6870 is the cheapest card you can go with in my opinion anything less and you will need to play the more demanding games on lower settings. I have the Asus 6870 factory overclocked card and its pretty good plus it looks great.
September 13, 2012 6:37:02 PM

I forgot another thing the fx chips suck for gaming I had one and no good I ended up going with the i3 and it was much better plus I have the option to upgrade to the i5 or i7. If you are going for a gaming pc go for the phenom ii black I think this is a better choice either that or go with Intel. If you do decide to go with the FX chip make sure it is the black edition.
September 15, 2012 6:46:13 PM

willyroc said:
Grab this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DESKTOP-PC-INTEL-CORE-i3-6-2-...

Add a graphics,card which should be at least the 550 Ti or the 7750. Those cards should be able to handle DayZ at medium quality. Plus, the computer contains an i3.

i sure wouldnt buy a pc from someone calculating the cpu core clock together

"hurrr durrr 3.1GHz x 2 = 6.2GHz CPU DURRRRRRR"
September 17, 2012 10:25:42 AM

Vandor said:
Ah i see, Yeh medium is fine but do you know about Dayz ? its one of the main reasons im after a computer, and if you could link me any computers for around £345 i'd be thankful :)  (or anyone else reading this for that matter)

That's exactly the game I'm streaming in my games. I'm a streamer on Twitch and yes. Your computer can run Dayz just fine. You wont max everything out because of how bad the optimization was on that game but you can run medium with 40+ fps.
September 17, 2012 10:28:16 AM

Vandor said:
Found a new computer for alot cheaper, How could this handle BF3,GW2,Dayz ?

AMD FX 8120 EIGHT CORE 3.1GHZ CPU (TURBO TO 4.0GHZ)

500GB SATA HARD DRIVE

4GB DDR3 1600MHZ FAST MEMORY (16GB MAX)

24 X SATA DVDRW WRITER

GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 MOTHERBOARD

ATI HD 6570 2GB GRAPHICS CARD WITH HYPER MEMORY TO 3.8GB

Please help as im buying tonight or tomorrow

I hope you didn't buy yet. This graphics card can run those games better than your previous build but it's a bigger improvement. Your drawback is just your graphics card. Everything else is perfect.
!