Closed

Which model of GTX 680 I should get ?

Hello everyone !!! :D

I am going to do an upgrade to my pc soon , and I want to buy a GTX 680 . But I dont know which model to take .

So what is better ? the Gigabyte Windforce x3 GTX 680 or the EVGA GTX 680 SIGNATURE 2 ?
I think I will get the EVGA 680 beacuse its looks much , much better ;) But the gigabyte has much better cooling , and in my place is really hot in the summer :cry:

Also , I will get with my card a 850W Corsair PSU , 16GB CORSAIR RAM 1600MHZ , and maybe 3570k+ Gigabyte Z77X UD3 Motherboard . :)
BTW , They cost the SAME .
15 answers Last reply
More about which model
  1. Both are good cards.
  2. get the cheapest
  3. rolli59 said:
    Both are good cards.


    Hey :) thanks for the answer .
    Hmm ... yes they both good but I really dont know what to choose since the Windforce is UGLY but he has awesome cooling , and the EVGA has decent cooling , but looks so awesome . :\

    alexander0884 said:
    get the cheapest


    they cost the same :D 500 $ in Amazon ;3
  4. You have a windowed case and like to look inside? Get the EVGA if not get the Gigabyte!
  5. Why not save $100 and go with a the Gigabyte Windforce x3 GTX 670? You can overclock it past the 680 and the extra cooling on the Gigabyte version will keep it nice and cool. Just an option.

    But if your set on the 680 I would go with the Gigabyte.
  6. VeNoM56k said:
    Why not save $100 and go with a the Gigabyte Windforce x3 GTX 670? You can overclock it past the 680 and the extra cooling on the Gigabyte version will keep it nice and cool. Just an option.

    But if your set on the 680 I would go with the Gigabyte.


    Even the BEST 670, superclocked will NEVER, repeat NEEVR beat an OC'ed reference GTX 680.

    Where are you pulling ur data from? Uranus?
  7. I never said anything about it beating an OC'd 680. What i meant was, he could save $100 by going with the 670, and OCing it past a stock 680
  8. VeNoM56k said:
    I never said anything about it beating an OC'd 680. What i meant was, he could save $100 by going with the 670, and OCing it past a stock 680



    But thats completely irrelevant. I highly doubt that an oced gtx 670 will beat a stock 680 in anycase. Irregardless what an oxymoron if he is going to OC a gtx 670 why would he keep the gtx 680 at stock levels? Your statement has no basis, no comparison, no analysis.


    Sure he can downgrade to the gtx 670 to save money, I believe the difference in overall performance (stock on both sides) is roughly 17.5-18.3% between reference 670 and 680 where as the price is around 25%. That is analysis, and it has BASIS, do you see how its differen from yours?
  9. Thanks guys , I will get the Gigabyte 680 :)
  10. alexander0884 said:
    But thats completely irrelevant. I highly doubt that an oced gtx 670 will beat a stock 680 in anycase. Irregardless what an oxymoron if he is going to OC a gtx 670 why would he keep the gtx 680 at stock levels? Your statement has no basis, no comparison, no analysis.


    Sure he can downgrade to the gtx 670 to save money, I believe the difference in overall performance (stock on both sides) is roughly 17.5-18.3% between reference 670 and 680 where as the price is around 25%. That is analysis, and it has BASIS, do you see how its differen from yours?


    The 680 is not that much faster than the 670, there is only an approximate 7% difference between the two cards, at least when comparing stock clockspeeds. As such, it doesn't make much sense to spend the extra $100 on the 680 unless you have an ultra high res display, or multi-monitor setup that can fully leverage the 680's performance. Even then, overclocking the 670 will get you performance similar to a stock 680. In most cases, getting the 680 is only really necessary if you want bragging rights, you can get almost the same performance for $100 less with the GTX 670.
  11. Here is another option in G card brand http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N680GTX-Lightning.html
  12. Supernova1138 said:
    The 680 is not that much faster than the 670, there is only an approximate 7% difference between the two cards, at least when comparing stock clockspeeds. As such, it doesn't make much sense to spend the extra $100 on the 680 unless you have an ultra high res display, or multi-monitor setup that can fully leverage the 680's performance. Even then, overclocking the 670 will get you performance similar to a stock 680. In most cases, getting the 680 is only really necessary if you want bragging rights, you can get almost the same performance for $100 less with the GTX 670.
    +1 expect if your running more than one monitor you want the 4gb model
  13. Get a non reference model that has a custom designed board. The Gigabyte version is pretty solid but it will likely still have problems with cooling and will need work. The reference models regardless of clocks are best to be avoided in the long term plus there have been a steady stream of complaints by owners only getting a meager 30mhz overclock.
  14. not much of big performance difference between the GTX 670 stock and GTX 680 stock so save the $100

    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/598?vs=555
  15. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Gigabyte Graphics