HOW CAN I CHANGE MY CAPS LOCK MESSAGE SETUP

I have a logitech LX700/MX3000 cordless keyboard and mouse which works to a
deskop receiver with WinXP Pro. When the CAPS LOCK is made on or off, a
light on the receiver goes on or off and a message indicating CAPS LOCK ON
or OFF appears for a moment on the desktop. The problem is because of the
location of the desktop receiver the user cannot see the on/off light.

Is it possible to make the message on the desktop appear continuously for
the CAPS LOCK ON, and make it smaller and perhaps located in the bottom
screen tool bar ? I cannot do this using Logitech setpoint, but is there a
way I can do it using XP ?

Thanks ….. Roger
4 answers Last reply
More about change caps lock message setup

    Roger O wrote:
    > I have a logitech LX700/MX3000 cordless keyboard and mouse which
    > works to a deskop receiver with WinXP Pro. When the CAPS LOCK is made
    > on or off, a light on the receiver goes on or off and a message
    > indicating CAPS LOCK ON or OFF appears for a moment on the desktop.
    > The problem is because of the location of the desktop receiver the
    > user cannot see the on/off light.
    > Is it possible to make the message on the desktop appear continuously
    > for the CAPS LOCK ON, and make it smaller and perhaps located in the
    > bottom screen tool bar ? I cannot do this using Logitech setpoint,
    > but is there a way I can do it using XP ?
    >
    > Thanks ….. Roger

    Not really.
    Look at the screen every so often.. If you are typing in all caps, then it
    is on. *grin*

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    there are programs you can find to do this.
    also, iv got a dinovo and it has OSD (on screen display) of caps lock
    and stuff.

    "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message

    > Is it possible to make the message on the desktop appear
    > continuously for the CAPS LOCK ON, and make it smaller and perhaps
    > located in the bottom screen tool bar ?

    Use Google:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=systray+%22caps+lock%22

    First hit:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/systrayindicator.html

    /klaus

    Roger O wrote:
    > I have a logitech LX700/MX3000 cordless keyboard and mouse which works to a
    > deskop receiver with WinXP Pro. When the CAPS LOCK is made on or off, a
    > light on the receiver goes on or off and a message indicating CAPS LOCK ON
    > or OFF appears for a moment on the desktop. The problem is because of the
    > location of the desktop receiver the user cannot see the on/off light.
    >

    > Is it possible to make the message on the desktop appear continuously for
    > the CAPS LOCK ON, and make it smaller and perhaps located in the bottom
    > screen tool bar ? I cannot do this using Logitech setpoint, but is there a
    > way I can do it using XP ?
    >

    > Thanks ….. Roger

    I believe the Logitech SW that came with the KBD and Mouse can put an icon
    in the system tray when any of the lock keys are down. At least my old wireless
    Logitech KBD SW can.

    /dan

Configuration Desktops Windows XP