I'm about to buy a 6670 to CF with the A10 5800K

rossclark69

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012

not true.

An AMD APU automatically uses the ram on the compatible video card for video ram. an APU with a duel graphics 6670 backing it up and 1gb of gddr5 ram will show noticeable graphics improvement over one in duel graphics config with ddr3 memory.

On a related note the lack of L3 cache makes the APU very sensitive to fast ddr3 ram timings, you can see some dramatic improvement in chip performance with fast ram.

Goodeggray

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
I actually done duo graphics cards using a gen 1 A6 with a 6670. It's an improvement but if you want to game do a new build. There is no massive improvement. If I had to put a number on it at best 30% better but lots of times very little or no improvement. Not sure how well it would work with the A10, but AMD is not pushing that feature. If you can get a 6670 for$40 or so try it just don't expect too much. I feel it's more marketing than real.

NSainGaming

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Ok, an A10 5800K with a 6670 is actually pretty good. Runs BF3 at 45+ frames per second. IF, you get the right parts. Make sure your motherboard has RAM compatibilty of up to 2133MGHz or more so you can get FAST RAM. RAM will be a big factor in your frame rate considering your doing crossfire with integrated too. Higher speed RAM=Better frame rate. The A10 5800K has up to 4GB shared memory so i'd get 8GB RAM or more. Your welcome? :p

rossclark69

Honorable
Oct 20, 2012

Thank you I already have all the things you recommended (8GB of RAM running at 2133Mhz) So I guess I did good with my first build with this APU so far.

you're the only source I've ever seen claim this. I've seen actual review sites claim it by default uses the ram off the compatible GPU when one is present, so to use a 6670 with ddr5 so as to get the most bang for your buck.

Granted a lot of reviewers are hacks... but i'd like at least some sort of something to back up your point of view before i write off the opinion of several different reputable review sites.

google searching has yielded nothing to back up your argument... and a whole lot to back up mine... that when using a comperable GPU, the APU will use the graphic card's memory by default, and as a result, you're better going with gddr5

mohit9206

Distinguished
sorry for bad english i actually meant nowhere i seen or read that one cannot use a gddr5 card with an APU.
which i mean to say that you CAN use a gddr5 card with A10.
lol sorry for confusion and excuse my poor english