Sign in with
Your question

Failing intel burn test on stock settings.

Last response: in CPUs
January 26, 2013 12:20:37 AM

I have a q6600 on a asrock 1333 full hd board 4X2 ram. I was running the intel burn tes on it and it seems to fail about half way through. I have stock settings and was wondering what could be causing the issue. At idle I'm getting around 35 to 39 and at full load using burn test I'm getting 49-53. I was hoping to overclock the processor and ran the test to see where I stood. I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

P.s it does have an aftermarket cooler, it is a Rocket Fish universal heatsink, not the best but seems to cool very well.
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2013 2:17:35 AM

crobson1985 said:
I have a q6600 on a asrock 1333 full hd board 4X2 ram. I was running the intel burn tes on it and it seems to fail about half way through. I have stock settings and was wondering what could be causing the issue. At idle I'm getting around 35 to 39 and at full load using burn test I'm getting 49-53. I was hoping to overclock the processor and ran the test to see where I stood. I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

P.s it does have an aftermarket cooler, it is a Rocket Fish universal heatsink, not the best but seems to cool very well.

my first thought is that it's poorly applied thermal paste, if your confident you may want to purchase some aftermarket TIM and see if that helps, if not i might wonder if your cpu is faulty. how long have you had it?
m
l
!