Z77 DS3H with RAM on 2133MHz

Hi!

I'm building a new PC.
I am going to use it for light gaming, movies, internet...

Here is what I had in mind.

CPU: Intel Core i3 3225 @ 3.3GHz
MOB: Gigabyte Z77 DS3H
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Patriot Viper 3 Venom Red @ 2133MHz
HDD: WD Caviar Black 500GB @ 7200rpm
Case: LC Power Vendetta
PSU: Cooler Master GX 550W
Optical drive: Sony Optiarc

2 questions:

Will RAM work on 2133 on this board?
Is PSU enough to power this system + 1 ASUS DCT 7770 GPU (when I get one) ?
8 answers Last reply
More about ds3h 2133mhz
  1. There's zero point in purchasing RAM with that speed. You will not tell the difference between 1600 and 2133. By default with the way Sandy / Ivy Bridge works - the motherboard will default to the lowest speeds and timings it can handle. Intel will void your warranty if you use RAM above 1600.

    And that PSU - the wattage is fine, but Cooler Master PSUs are not to be trusted. What's your budget? I can suggest parts if I knew that.
  2. I've actually changed my mind about RAM. I'm going for 2x8GB @ 1600MHz, and the PSU stays the same. I leave outside US and there are PSUs from some world known manufacturers, but not all. Very limited options.
    The reason I'm getting this PSU is because of a 5 year warranty and because my budget is 500-600$ TOP.
    I am probably getting an AMD rig.
  3. live* LOL
  4. Kajcha said:
    I've actually changed my mind about RAM. I'm going for 2x8GB @ 1600MHz, and the PSU stays the same. I leave outside US and there are PSUs from some world known manufacturers, but not all. Very limited options.
    The reason I'm getting this PSU is because of a 5 year warranty and because my budget is 500-600$ TOP.
    I am probably getting an AMD rig.


    If there's a store you are purchasing from link to it as that will help to suggest parts. You can still get an Intel build - but RAM with that speed you won't notice the extra speed.

    If you don't know of a store look here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/358998-31-worldwide-online-computer-parts-stores
  5. My options for PSUs I've seen being suggested on here are:
    500W OCZ StealthXStream
    500W Seasonic SS-500ET (bulk)
    and
    430W Seasonic SS-430GB

    along the CM GX series 550,650 and 750W.

    http://www.emmi.rs/proizvodi.10.html?categoryId=219
    Click on "Svi proizvodaci" to choose manufacturers.
    Seasonic is by "Ostalo"
    Language is Serbian.
    Also at the left side you should see MB, CPU, HDD and stuff.
  6. Kajcha said:
    My options for PSUs I've seen being suggested on here are:
    500W OCZ StealthXStream
    500W Seasonic SS-500ET (bulk)
    and
    430W Seasonic SS-430GB

    along the CM GX series 550,650 and 750W.

    http://www.emmi.rs/proizvodi.10.html?categoryId=219
    Click on "Svi proizvodaci" to choose manufacturers.
    Seasonic is by "Ostalo"
    Language is Serbian.
    Also at the left side you should see MB, CPU, HDD and stuff.


    I use Google Chrome with automatic translation. As far as the PSU goes the Seasonic will be far better than anything Cooler Master makes.

    Motherboard: http://www.emmi.rs/mati%C4%8Dne-plo%C4%8De-(mb)-mb-lga1155-h77-gigabyte-ga-h77-d3h.11.html?productId=22237 - 9999
    CPU: http://www.emmi.rs/procesori-(cpu)-cpu-lga1155-intel%C2%AE-core%E2%84%A2-i3-3220.11.html?productId=26638 - 12999
    RAM: http://www.emmi.rs/ram-memorije-memorija-dimm-ddr3-2x4gb-1600mhz-patriot-viper-3-v.11.html?productId=26584 - 4698
    HD: http://www.emmi.rs/hard-diskovi-(hdd)-i-fioke-hdd-sata2-250gb-wd-caviar-blue-wd2500aakx.11.html?productId=17855 -5989
    Optical: http://www.emmi.rs/dvd-rom-rw-dvd+--rw-samsung-sh-222bb-bebe---sata--black.11.html?productId=19678 - 799
    Video Card: http://www.emmi.rs/grafi%C4%8Dke-kartice-(vga)-vga-amd-radeon-7770-sapphire-1gb-ddr5-dvi-hdmi-dp.11.html?productId=22063 - 14099
    Case: http://www.emmi.rs/ku%C4%87i%C5%A1ta-ku%C4%87i%C5%A1te-cooler-master-silencio-550.11.html?productId=17932 - 7364
    PSU: http://www.emmi.rs/napajanja-i-dodatni-ventilatori-napajanje-500w-ocz-stealthxstream.11.html?productId=20895 - 6180

    Total: 62.127 (USD $688.57)

    A little bit over but that was the best I could find from that store.
  7. Thats about 100$ more than my budget, but I don't need the case.
    Also, why did you recommend OCZ? It's now like 20$ cheaper (in the store).
    And why would i get SATA2 HDD.
    I might want to install Mountain Lion on this machine, so VIA VT2021 is not good for me.
    I could get Z77-DS3H for 6-7$ more...
  8. Kajcha said:
    Thats about 100$ more than my budget, but I don't need the case.
    Also, why did you recommend OCZ? It's now like 20$ cheaper (in the store).
    And why would i get SATA2 HDD.
    I might want to install Mountain Lion on this machine, so VIA VT2021 is not good for me.
    I could get Z77-DS3H for 6-7$ more...


    That was the only PSU I could find that was 80+ bronze or better for not a lot of money.

    If you don't need the case that shaves a lot off the budget and brings it closer to RS 55619 (USD $615.34).
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build RAM Systems