Sign in with
Your question
Closed

CPU BOTTLENECK

Last response: in Components
January 26, 2013 2:39:33 AM

Hi guys , I am thinking of upgrading to a new CPU amd guys I am not a fanboy of Intel or amd so anything that performs better is good and since I will be doing a sli of gtx 690 so guys please recommend a good CPU that doesn't bottleneck the GPUs.... budget is not a issue but guys remember I only do gaming (no issue with budget doesn't mean it can cross 500$) :bounce: 

More about : cpu bottleneck

Best solution

January 26, 2013 10:13:22 AM

Okay so after a bit of poking, I've come to the conclusion that besides the VIA CPU lineup (obscure but kinda cool, cheap four-core low power stuff that reportedly can do Crysis), there are NO non-AMD/Intel CPUs out to date.

But as far as I've come to find in all my gaming years, AMD performs better. It was built for media in the beginning. Then they bought out and learned all of ATI's secrets and started using that to make the CPU do new things like talk to GFX cards in a dedicated channel. Or something like that.

So here, this won't ever let you down. I hope your GFX cards won't bottleneck the CPU. ^^

fficial&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41524429,d.dmQ&biw=1280&bih=707&sa=X&ei=KcgDUcqrGpGz0QGzn4DYDg&ved=0CHQQ8wIwAQ" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.google.com/shopping/product/104911457510949...
!