banesong

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Can anyone recommend a good multi-bay server case? I need at least 9 5.25" bays, and at least 1 3.5" bay. thanks much in advance.

Thomas

FatBurger

Illustrious
What's your price limit? There are some nice server cases from Coolermaster, Lian-Li and 3DCool.com

<font color=green>In memory of all the Americans that died 9/11/01
Rest in peace</font color=green>

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
That's right. The Lian-Li PC-70 is an almost orgasmically nice case, and you can get it with an Enermax Whisper 400W PSU for 300 bucks. Its the most beautiful case I've ever seen, and I highly recommend it. It only has 6 5.25s, but its got this great HDD tray. Its so awesome.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

FatBurger

Illustrious
That's a great case, but I was thinking more along the lines of <A HREF="http://www.pcmods.com/details.asp?prodID=68" target="_new">this</A>, simply because it's more expensive :)

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Wow....Pay 900 bucks and get a free Hovercraft! I like the sound of that... ;)

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeup, pretty sweet. The Lian-Li case is better, though. The 78 I think it was, had like 14 3.5" bays, lots of removable racks side-by-side.

Still haven't found a case with 9 5.25" bays, though.

banesong

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My problem is that I have a large number of full height hard drives as well as CD-ROM Drives. I have looked at the Enermax FS-981, but it doesn't quite fit my needs. The look isn't a big deal to me, but the problem is space. I don't have enought room for a full tower. Any suggestions? (btw, I would like to stay as cheap as possible.... under $300 w/o a PS)

FatBurger

Illustrious
You want 9 5.25" drives in LESS than a full-tower? Impossible. You'll never get more than 4 in a mid-tower.

banesong

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually I can get that in a WideTower (ie cube). My problem with a full tower is height. I need it less than 20" tall and less than 20" deep.