Opening Internet Explorer Windows

August 4, 2005 3:27:25 PM

I use IE 6 with all the latest updates on XP Pro with all the
latest updates (at work, policy is automatic updates)

Some time in the last 2-3 weeks IE stopped opening a new page
in an "almost" full sized window (such as when I right click
on a link and specify to open in a new window) and now opens
all new pages/windows in about a 1/4 screen window so I have
to click to maximize to be able to read

I have looked at every option I can find from the tool bar at
the top, and do not see anything I can set for this behavior

Is there something I have missed... is there a setting I may
change to make Internet Explorer open new pages "full" size?

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Anonymous
August 14, 2005 5:21:57 PM

Try the following workaround.
.. Open a single Internet Explorer window to the smaller size.
.. Drag the corners of the window until it completely fills the screen. Do not use the
maximize button to enlarge the window.
.. Hold down the Ctrl key, keep it depressed, and using the mouse click File and then
Exit on the menu bar. Do not use the "X" in the upper right corner to close the
window.
.. Internet Explorer should now open in a full window.

.. If it still opens to a smaller size repeat the above instructions, substituting the
"Shift" key for the "Ctrl" key.

If that doesn't help:

Windows Maximizer:
http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/download.asp