UnderYourMind

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
I am really having a rough time deciding on a case for my first build. Perhaps a few of you could offer me some insight. These are the parts I have purchased already:

Proc: Intel i7-3770k Ivy Bridge
Mobo: MSI Z77 - MPower
GPU: Using onboard graphics (I do not game)
RAM: 32 GB G. Skill Ripjaws X Series (4x8GB)
SSD: OCZ Agility 3 240GB (for boot)
HDD: Seagate Constellation 1TB (for storage)
Optical Drive: Lite-On DVD burner
PSU: Corsair TX750 Enthusiast Series 80 Plus Bronze (aka ******* Medusa herself)
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H80 liquid cooler

I have a few cases I'm trying to decide between:

- LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62 Mid Tower ATX - - - - - - - $100 @Newegg.com

- Cooler Master Storm Sniper Mid Tower ATX - - - - - $125 @Newegg.com

- NZXT Phantom Full Tower ATX - - - - - - - - - - - - - $120 @ Newegg.com

- Cougar Evolution Full Tower ATX - - - - - - - - - - - $90 @ TigerDirect.com

- Thermaltake Overseer RX - I Full Tower ATX - - - $100 @ TigerDirect.com

- Ultra Rogue M925 Full Tower ATX - - - - - - - - - - $100 @ TigerDirect.com

- Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid Tower ATX - - - - $95 @TigerDirect.com

What do you guys think? Ultimately, I probably won't be adding a lot more features. The PC will be used strictly for music production...so like rendering and heavy processing when editing audio and whatnot. I don't care about what the case looks like. I am opting for the one that will help my cpu and mobo stay at lowest temps. I think they will all fit my H80 liquid cooler. If there are any gems in this price range or suggestions for other cases let me know. I am waiting to order until I get some feedback on this. Thanks guys.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009
my choice would be the coolermaster storm sniper or the lian li pc-k62..i look for good for airflow and dust filters,i like the 200mm fans coz they are rather quiet,you can also take a look at the storm scout or the CM690II,the corsair 400R is also a good choice, i have had good experiences with coolermaster in general.!!

UnderYourMind

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013

I already own the H80 so I'm kinda stuck with that...a lot of people said they liked it over that Noctua. Anyway, I was just looking at Fractal Design R4 on Newegg and it seems like a very good option but will it be compatible with the H80 for sure? And is it really better (cooler and stronger airflow) than the more famous Cooler Masters in its price range?

UnderYourMind

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Okay...so I have narrowed it down to the LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62, Cooler Master Storm Scout 2, and Corsair 500R...all three are mid towers and have essentially same functions. I can get the Lancool for $100, Storm Scout 2 for $80, and the Corsair for $90. The Corsair has the best deal on price right now and looks pretty big. The Cooler Master is also very big for a mid tower. Between these three can anyone help me make a decision?