Can my PC support a GTX 570? PSU UPDATE

My specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs) ~2.7 Ghz
8192 MB RAM
DirectX11
AMD Radeon 6450 (current video) 240 MB memory

I have one fan at the moment but honestly do not know how to tell how much power my power supply puts out or how to change that or install a new fan. If I need to alter either of these, I can find a tutorial online, but would like to keep things simple.

If the 570 won't work, please feel free to suggest another card or what I could do to my rig to make it work.

Thank you, I appreciate your time and input.

UPDATE: I have a prebuilt (I was stupid to get prebuilt, I know. I will build in the future...). It is a HP Pavilion Elite HPE 500y. The psu is 300w. I did some further reading online and saw that the 570 requires ~500w. Any suggestions on a new psu? I seriously haven't the slightest clue on what is good/compatible. Can I just dig around Newegg or are there certain things I should know?

Thanks again for all of your help!
3 answers Last reply
More about support update
  1. The Biggest Factor and Indicator of if your going to be able to upgrade is gonna be based on the size of your Power Supply
  2. trumpeter1994 said:
    The Biggest Factor and Indicator of if your going to be able to upgrade is gonna be based on the size of your Power Supply

+1
  3. A would reccomend around a 550+w psu.
    You can use this as a reference

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2010/12/07/nvidia-geforce-gtx-570-1-3gb-review/9

150w at idle

330w at load

but your results might be different
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics