Sign in with
Your question

Difference between these two graphics cards?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 24, 2012 7:06:56 PM

Is there a difference (in performance) between a sapphire hd 5450 1gb and an ati radeon hd 5450 1gb? Here is a link to the sapphire graphics card: <http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graph...;
I was wondering if the sapphire would be good enough to play games like team fortress 2 and counter strike source, because the ati radeon hd 5450 can i think. If so, on what settings?
a b U Graphics card
July 24, 2012 7:17:01 PM

codyac said:
Is there a difference (in performance) between a sapphire hd 5450 1gb and an ati radeon hd 5450 1gb? Here is a link to the sapphire graphics card: <http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graph...;
I was wondering if the sapphire would be good enough to play games like team fortress 2 and counter strike source, because the ati radeon hd 5450 can i think. If so, on what settings?

Depends on the clock speed of the particular card.

These were never meant as gaming cards, just FYI. They are more inline with HTPC and general use. They are not fast game cards.

Are you on a very tight budget ?
m
l
July 24, 2012 7:18:46 PM

Those games are not demanding by today's standards. Either of those cards should run fine in max settings. Things to keep in mind are your other specs, like your CPU for example. If it is too old then your cpu can bottleneck your graphics cards especially when playing high density maps (lots of players, tons of explosions, etc). As well, resolution plays a factor in how well the GPU will perform.
m
l
Related resources
a c 198 U Graphics card
July 24, 2012 7:19:24 PM

There really isnt going to be much of a difference between those two cards.

And they arent really good gaming cards and might struggle with the games you want it to play.

Whats your budget?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 24, 2012 7:23:44 PM

Unknownvirus said:
Those games are not demanding by today's standards. Either of those cards should run fine in max settings. Things to keep in mind are your other specs, like your CPU for example. If it is too old then your cpu can bottleneck your graphics cards especially when playing high density maps (lots of players, tons of explosions, etc). As well, resolution plays a factor in how well the GPU will perform.

Source based games like TF2, L4D1/2, Half Life 2 series, and stuff based on old Quake/UT/UT2004/UT2 engines will run okay, so long as you don't game high resolution and expect to turn options to high for everything.

If you venture outside of older games, then this card is a little too slow.

If you shop around used, you can probably get a 4670 or 5670 with ddr5 that is much much faster at about this price.
m
l
!