Your opinion about my gaming build

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
What is your usage? Balanced, gaming, video rendering? Also - are you looking for the best value, or are you cool spending a lot?

Just get 2 of the ram sticks. 4 is massive overkill. You will likely never use more than 6gb ram unless doing heavy rendering.

The crucial 128 is not going to be big enough for what you want. Are you cool having some program files/games on the Caviars? If not then get the 256gb with money you save on the cheaper motherboard/cpu.

The graphic card isn't up to par with the CPU and motherboard you have chosen. Are you not gaming? If you are gaming spend as much or more on the graphic card as you do on the processor. Most gaming builds would instead include a cheaper i5-3570k and more expensive GTX 670.

Get the i5-3570k instead. Games won't efficiently utilize the 4 extra simulated cores HT gives it for 5 to 10 years (maybe longer) and by then, a new technology is sure to replace it.

Cut back 4x on the RAM. 8GB is the max you will need for gaming for a long time.

I would not bother with RAID 0 for storage. You have an SSD which is already fast and big enough to store most any program or app.

Get a real liquid cooler like http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14186/ex-blc-971/XSPC_RayStorm_High_Performance_Acetal_CPU_Liquid_Cooling_Block_-_Intel_Sockets_LGA_775_1155_1156_1366_2011.html or stick with an air cooler like this.

Use the $ saved to get this video card.

jon4994

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
My usage will be fairly balanced. Since my current PC is pretty low end, I don't currently do too much gaming, although that will probably change after I build this.

Honestly, I just want to build an epic(ish) PC that will be able to handle anything I throw at it. My budget is around $3000.

I plan on putting most of my programs on the HDD's with a select few on the SSD.

spat55

Distinguished
Get this

CPU: i5 3570k

GPU: GTX 670

Get a cheaper motherboard, but one with the Z77 chipset, 2x4gb RAM, you don't need 32GB of RAM, and you also don't really need a i7 and the money can go on a better GPU and SSD