savagehax

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Ok...So after my recent AMD BD build I was so sure I built a power house machine. Well not so much. I have in the past been all for AMD. But the BD was a let down. Although x264 encoding and converting performed fairly well everything else did just not seem to cut it. What I do on my computer mostly is Photoshop and web design programs and some video editing. But I do play ALLLLLOOOOTT of games. Like I mean I jump between 4 MMOS and first person shooters as well. The AMD I just feel like did not cut it. My question is this. I want to build a intel machine now. I had my eye on the i7 2700k..The price dont seem bad and im sure it has to out perform the 8150. What do you think? Also I really enjoyed the 7770 for a budget card on one 27 inch monitor I never had problems running ultra settings in bf3 diablo3 and dc universe online. How would that pair up in a intel build? or what would you suggest in somewhere close to the price of a 7770? THX in advance

savagehax

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Well I will be building a whole new build case and all including HD monitor preferably 27 inches and keyboard and mouse budget i would like to not go over a grand

spat55

Distinguished

a 27inch monitor is gonna be £250 at least, mouse keyboard £100, leaves £650 ok look at my builds in link in my sig.

savagehax

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
THX for the lists they do seem like really solid builds. Although I do wanna go with a i7 it may be just be something telling me to do it. But I do convert and edit and encode a lot of HD video.. SO are you saying if I can budget it go with a 7800 series video card?

spat55

Distinguished

On your budget a 7850 or 7870 is the best you can get. I think a i5 3570k will be perfect for you on that budget though.