Just put together my new build, need help!

AsoIaF

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I am very new to computers, with this being my first build, so please go easy on me. I just did a scan with Hardware Monitor and got this:

qo2Xf.png

This is my build:

Asus p8z77-v pro
i5 3570k
GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB
NZXT Phantom Full Tower (I think the case fans are connected to the PSU since the Motherboard doesn't detect them)
2x4gb Corsair Vengeance RAM
Samsung 830 128gb SSD
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Asus DVD Drive
Corsair 850W Gold PSU

I have no idea if these temps are ideal or how to proceed from here and make sure that this computer i just built an hour ago won't overheat when i try to play something like Battlefield 3 on Max or something. As always any and all help is much appreciated!

AsoIaF

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

Edit: Also, i have all the sliders for the case fans that came with the NZXT Phantom Full Tower all the way to the left, which is max i think.

AsoIaF

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

I'm pretty sure i connected it to the NZXT fan controller. I can feel the air flow increase and decrease as i play with the sliders on the case's fan controls.

spat55

Distinguished

hyper evo 212+ is the best for £25 ($30)

AsoIaF

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I've been recommended to try using the blend test on this http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html . How long should i keep running it for and ay what temps do i need to stop it in case it gets too high?

Also, are there any downsides to running the CPU Stock fan at 100% all the time? I don't care about the noise as long as the CPU gets enough cooling.

I've read that raising a GPU's fan speed can shorten it's life span. Does anything similar happen to raising the CPU stock fan's speed?

WILDLEGHORN

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
A CPU cooler is a separate component from the actual CPU.
The cooler's life span may shorten but nothing will happen to the CPU!

You can keep the CPU cooler's fans to full 100% max & that might help decrease the CPU's temps but to what degree is really questionable.

The reference stock CPU coolers that come boxed from intel are mediocre to say the least! For that reason alone, it's suggested that you go buy one of these for 36.99 USD-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

The EVO is a better model compared to the previous PLUS model just for $7 extra! It uses 4 Direct Contact heat pipes with the CDC (Continuous Direct Contact) technology - creating a perfect, sleek surface for heat conduction.

With the EVO you can easily OC your 3570K to 4.2GHz without breaking much sweat.