First Gaming Rig Build - HELP!

mattage101

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
This is my first build attempt and I just wanted to make sure the parts I have chosen fit together nicely and whether or not they'll run at their optimum or swapping one part with another will help the overall performance of my machine. I want a cheap but powerful machine than can perform at a high level for a long period of time. The games that I'll typically be playing on my pc would be Guild Wars 2, Steam games like ( Half life, counterstrike, gmod) and the witcher 2, bearing all this in mind have a chosen the right parts for me? cheers in advance! :D

Specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 550
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz
PSU: Thermaltake W0382RU
Case: Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1
Fan: Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP 120mm
Fan: Cooler Master R4-L4S-10AB-GP 140mm
CPU HEATSINK/FAN: Corsair CAFA50 A50
Cooler Master Thermal Compound

jk47_99

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Looks ok but the graphics card is a little weak, how much is your total budget? I would suggest getting at least a ATI 7850.

Also, do you need a hard drive, windows 7, or a monitor?

spat55

Distinguished
Get a slightly more powerful GPU, a radeon 7850 will do well in their. If you need to save some money get the GA-Z77-D3H, slightly worse but you'd be much better off with a 7850 than a 550.

mattage101

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

I already have separate HDD's from other machines and got the monitors sorted aswell :) Just wanted to know whether the parts were right for each other. My budget is 500 which means I can afford to up the GPU can someone explain to me why this card is a little weak? So as we stand the only thing harming the performance of my machine would be the GPU and I'll change the thermal paste :) cheers guys

mattage101

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

Is it compatible with my Motherboard? if so I'll go with that cheers - Also one more thing do I actually need a sound card? or will the mobo have an integrated one? bearing in mind it's a gaming machine

jk47_99

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Get the 7850, you won't regret it.

Yep your motherboard has a sound card so no need to worry about that. If you use a HDMI cable from the graphics card, that will carry the audio as well. With your motherboard you will also have the choice of using a digital out (plug into an amp) or the 8 channel analog. It is quite easy to switch between the two, using the Sound setting program in your Windows Control Panel. The quality will be HD, so you can get by without a sound card.

TRENDING THREADS