Ringtone format for Nokia phone

Hi there,
just want to know what is the format of ringtone file for Nokia phone.
Is it just simply a midi file that is playable on computer or it
needs some special conversion process? My phone is Nokia 3595. Does
it use same ringtone format as other nokia phones?
1 answer Last reply
More about ringtone format nokia phone

    amagrace5@yahoo.com (dukeyork) wrote in message news:<67be8985.0409272057.2a0e1644@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi there,
    > just want to know what is the format of ringtone file for Nokia phone.
    > Is it just simply a midi file that is playable on computer or it
    > needs some special conversion process? My phone is Nokia 3595. Does
    > it use same ringtone format as other nokia phones?

    Nokia 3595 uses the same format of MIDI tones as others. Usually, it
    accepts all MIDIs with approx. size 10-15 kilobytes. But in most
    cases, the only way to test, whether the tone is compatible, is to try
    it with phone.

    You can load tones to the phone using our program- Oxygen Phone
    Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). Also our program supports
    monophonic tones editing and creation.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov