When I go to my documents and open the folders, they always open in the list
view. I would like to have them open all the time with thumbnail view.

I change the view when the folders are open, but they always revert back to
details when I go to them again. Can it be changed permanently?

Thank you.

Helen

You have two options

Open explorer, change the view so it is the way you like
Click Tools--Folder Options and look at the View tab
Under advanced settings, uncheck "Remember each folder's view settings".
Now click the button labelled Apply to All Folders at the top of the view
tab.

Now every time you use explore it will show folders the same way.

The other choice is to leave the setting for "Remember each folder's view
settings" checked.
Open each folder and select thumbnails, it should then remember it.

--
Regards
Mark Dormer

"Gaga6" <hel3ngaga6hwNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message
> When I go to my documents and open the folders, they always open in the
> list view. I would like to have them open all the time with thumbnail
> view.
>
> I change the view when the folders are open, but they always revert back
> to details when I go to them again. Can it be changed permanently?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Helen

Thanks for the information. Will try your suggestions.

Helen