Folder Open Options

When I go to my documents and open the folders, they always open in the list
view. I would like to have them open all the time with thumbnail view.

I change the view when the folders are open, but they always revert back to
details when I go to them again. Can it be changed permanently?

Thank you.

Helen
2 answers Last reply
More about folder open options

    You have two options

    Open explorer, change the view so it is the way you like
    Click Tools--Folder Options and look at the View tab
    Under advanced settings, uncheck "Remember each folder's view settings".
    Now click the button labelled Apply to All Folders at the top of the view
    tab.

    Now every time you use explore it will show folders the same way.

    The other choice is to leave the setting for "Remember each folder's view
    settings" checked.
    Open each folder and select thumbnails, it should then remember it.

    --
    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Gaga6" <hel3ngaga6hwNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > When I go to my documents and open the folders, they always open in the
    > list view. I would like to have them open all the time with thumbnail
    > view.
    >
    > I change the view when the folders are open, but they always revert back
    > to details when I go to them again. Can it be changed permanently?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Helen

    Thanks for the information. Will try your suggestions.

    Helen

    "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    > You have two options
    >
    > Open explorer, change the view so it is the way you like
    > Click Tools--Folder Options and look at the View tab
    > Under advanced settings, uncheck "Remember each folder's view settings".
    > Now click the button labelled Apply to All Folders at the top of the view
    > tab.
    >
    > Now every time you use explore it will show folders the same way.
    >
    > The other choice is to leave the setting for "Remember each folder's view
    > settings" checked.
    > Open each folder and select thumbnails, it should then remember it.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Mark Dormer
    > How to ask a newsgroup question:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    >

    > "Gaga6" <hel3ngaga6hwNOSPAM@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >> When I go to my documents and open the folders, they always open in the
    >> list view. I would like to have them open all the time with thumbnail
    >> view.
    >>
    >> I change the view when the folders are open, but they always revert back
    >> to details when I go to them again. Can it be changed permanently?
    >>
    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> Helen

Configuration My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP