Status
Not open for further replies.

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hi. I just bought new components and I assembled my system! after that I connected my monitor (CRT Monitor) to D-Sub port on the motherboard but I can't see anything on the screen. I think it doesn't boot.It has to show BIOS but It doesn't. I hear one short beep and after 5 seconds one long beep. here are my components:
Mobo: ASUS P8H77-V LE
CPU: Core i5 3450
RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x2 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
VGA: ASUS GTX550 Ti DirectCU TOP
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1Tb SATA3
Power: Green GP530A-EU
please help me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

spat55

Distinguished

He asked 1 hr ago now he still isn't replied so :fou: him

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

Hey wait! sorry i've got some problems. for this reason I came late. listen, this is true, 1 short beep after 5-7 seconds one longs beep!!!! I really don't know why? maybe the first beeps is Power-On awareness and the second long beep means there's no problem!!!!! But there is and I can'' see anything on the screen. If the processor has any problem it should beep right??? because I remove the cap first then I unleashed the socket, I hope it's ok!!!! :cry: :cry:

chugot9218

Honorable
The normal behavior for a MOBO is to beep once at POST, to confirm success. The second long beep you are receiving is indicative of a problem, however, there is no listing provided for the beep code you provided which is curious because they would not include it as a beep code if it was meaningless. Look up the beep codes for your MOBO and see if you can match the beeps you are receiving to one of the errors.

PS. Also, are any error lights on? And my usual question, do you have the standoffs in the case?

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

maybe the first beep indicates the problem (RAM test failure) then what does the 2nd long beep mean? maybe the 1st beep means that power is on, then the long beep as I read means that all tests are done sucessfully, so why there's nothing on the screen? :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :pt1cable:

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hey maybe this is related to power supply unit??? because it's 20+4 pin but one of its pins is null! It's not corrupt because its manual says that the pin next to Power_ok is null (N/A) I mean there no pin to contact -5V pin on the motherboard!!!!!

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

Thank you but I've already read this subject!!!!
1. there's no loose screw!
2. the CPU is seated correctly (according to that arrow on Left-Lower part of the processor)
3. the dual channel should work except if my RAMs have problems.
4. CPU fan works fine. I even released the heatsink to see whether the already-applied thermal paste has left any signs of melting or not?
5. Video card is seated correctly. it has 2 extra 3-pin connectors which I've connected to PSU Molexes.
6. I've installed system speaker. I suspected that my socket has problems (bent pins) but with this condition the speaker couldn't have made beeps.
I haven't tested new RAMs yet because I'm in a small town and my components have been sent to me from the Capital .... So I must see the seller and ask him to test with other RAMs.
I suspect because there was a null cover in the box. you know I ordered 2x2 Gb!! is this usual? 2x2 Gb in a box that is related to 3x2 Gb??????

chugot9218

Honorable
From what I have read damage to the socket can manifest in many ways, it does not necessarily mean a complete lack of response from the MOBO and other components. Perhaps this strange beep code is a result of damage to the socket.

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

no ........ :cry: :cry: :cry:

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

Because I'm pessimistic!!!! I suspect what that is really severe!!!!! socket damage is the most severe thing I can imagine!!!!! By the way i removed PnCap without opening the socket!!! i'm afraid of that!! AMD is friendlier. :cry: :cry: at this time I don't have extra RAM, I'll check with another RAM and PSU.... :pt1cable:

chugot9218

Honorable
Well taking the plastic socket cover (which I assume you are talking about) off should not damage the socket. Watching the Newegg demo build, Gabe takes the cover off after opening the socket but before seating the CPU, where my MOBO manual told me to keep the plastic cap on while seating the CPU and while cranking down the cover, although haflway through putting the cover down the cap shot across the room nearly giving me a hard attack, but it did not do any damage. So I suspect either method is safe.

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

I know!!!! I'm afraid ...... I'm out of money!!! Damaged socket might kill me!!! By the way i contacted PC Emergency Center in my country. The guy told me that your system doesn't detect your HDD for this reason it does not show anything on the screen. He also told me to remove Mobo battery!!! it's ESD protected! Am I supposed to remove the battery? he also told me to tighten the cables ...... :sweat:

chugot9218

Honorable
You could make sure all your power connectors are properly fastened on the board, and I think he is recommending clearing your CMOS, look up in your MOBO manual how to do it, there may be a jumper you have to switch (also, if there is a jumper, make sure it was in the correct position to begin with [set to not clear the CMOS]).

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

I know but this is first boot! Is that necessary? can it help?

Status
Not open for further replies.