Overclocking i5 3570k (Past 4.5ghz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamahahornist

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
So I really want to get my i5 3570k past 4.5 and I am pretty such I have the room for it. Now you may ask why i need it past 4.5; I really don't but when it comes to computers I want to pull all I can out of it. :) I have a problem (i think) though, my current volts are at 1.32. This seems pretty high compared to some, that are getting 4.5ghz at like 1.28v. I know my motherboard plays a pretty big part in this; its a Ga-Z77x-D3H. Also I am not the most informed on overclocking, like load line and current protection. I really have no idea what I am doing lol. I tried this yesterday, but I went to 1.335v with Load Line calibration on extreme mode @4.7ghz and within 10 seconds on prime95 I got a BSOD. I never tried going higher with the volts, I just reset it to 4.5ghz where its stable. Ok, so I know everyone will ask about my temps, so on a prime95 heat test i never pass 65 C (that's @4.5ghz), I have a Hyper 212 evo. So I know I have temp room to improve, I am fine at 80 C, I just don't want to pass 85C. Sorry this is pretty long now; but my questions for you are, is 1.32v high for 4.5ghz? I have all the extra cpu voltage settings on auto (like current protection and Load Line); so what do I need to set in my bios. I would like to hit 4.7 ~ 4.8, is that possible?

Thanks in advance! Sorry about the long read!

Solution
1.32V isn't too bad, you could keep pushing it up to around 1.4V but double check to make sure your temperatures stay within reason. The absolute max that I would ever go to is 1.5V, and I wouldn't really run it 24/7 that high.

If you're a rookie you can always let an auto-clock program do the work for you. (Some people claim these are unsafe but tom's did an article about them and found no issues).

Honestly, 4.5Ghz is a pretty average overclock for the 3570K and if you can't get it higher you may have just gotten a chip that won't go any higher.

kajunchicken

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
1.32V isn't too bad, you could keep pushing it up to around 1.4V but double check to make sure your temperatures stay within reason. The absolute max that I would ever go to is 1.5V, and I wouldn't really run it 24/7 that high.

If you're a rookie you can always let an auto-clock program do the work for you. (Some people claim these are unsafe but tom's did an article about them and found no issues).

Honestly, 4.5Ghz is a pretty average overclock for the 3570K and if you can't get it higher you may have just gotten a chip that won't go any higher.

Solution

yamahahornist

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

Alright Thank! Do you recommend any auto tuning programs?? My motherboard came with easy tune 6.... is that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.