Overclocking FX-6300

I currently have my 6300 clocked at 4.0ghz on stock cooler. I have couple questions.

1. Would a bigger overclock make a difference in gaming?

2. Which cooler should I get to overclock. I was thinking of getting a Coolermaster 212 EVO and overclocking to 4.5ghz. Is that good and can the cooler handle that? If not other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about overclocking 6300
  1. Or a coolermaster n520?
  2. scm1994 said:
    I currently have my 6300 clocked at 4.0ghz on stock cooler. I have couple questions.

1. Would a bigger overclock make a difference in gaming?

Not much it will probably add a few FPS.

scm1994 said:
    2. Which cooler should I get to overclock. I was thinking of getting a Coolermaster 212 EVO and overclocking to 4.5ghz. Is that good and can the cooler handle that? If not other recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Hyper 212 EVO is a good cooler as long as it will fit in your case.
  3. How is the v6? I found one for cheap and am interested in it. Is the v6 bigger or smaller then the evo?
  4. It uses 120mm fans and should be about the same size. It comes in a push pull configuration and you have to make sure you have enough space for two fans in a push pull configuration. What I mean is I have a Corsair Carbide with a Hyper 212. Length wise it fits fine however the back of the heatsink sits very close to the rear exaust fan and I wouldn't really be able to fit another fan in the back of the heatsink for a push pull configuration. It would be very tight.
  5. Would the v6 fit on my 970a-g46 motherboard?
  6. I have an NZXT Source 210 case. Would the cooler fit in it too?
  7. Yes it should work fine. Your CPU socket is AM3+ and according to Coolermasters website the V6 is compatible with

Intel Socket LGA 1155/1366/1156/775

AMD Socket AM3/AM2+/AM2

AM3+ is not on the list but an AM3 cooler will fit on an AM3+ motherboad.
  8. The width of the case is 7.68".
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Cooling