Closed Solved

What is a really good graphics card?

I was wondering what to get for my new pc and i was thinking of either a 670 or a 7970? My budget is 400 dollars, but that is flexible. I will use it for gaming and want the best bang for the buck. Any ideas?
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what good graphics card
  1. What is your setup? resolution? screens? and what games do you play?
  2. My setup is
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1)
    Memory: Corsair Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)
    Power Supply: Cooler Master 850W ATX12V / EPS12V
    Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor and another dell one that is 22 inches.

I play Dota 2, Diablo 3, Rage, Batman, and metro 2033.
  3. either is a fine choice, but i know for sure batman is nvidia favored, and i believe metro is too as of the current moment. the other 3 are not intensive enough and probably be obliterated by either choice. though the differences between the two are moderately small in 1920x1080.

edit: if you ever decide to go past your 1920x1080 barrier by adding additional screens or playing 2560x1600 then that's where the 7970 will shine.
  4. Best answer
    The best single GPU video card is the 7970
  5. I would say the 7970 for you. It will outperform the 670 in most situations. However to run PhysX in Batman you'll need the Nvidia. Very small difference in Metro 2033
  6. How are AMD's drivers, i have heard they are a pain.
  7. vatom said:
    How are AMD's drivers, i have heard they are a pain.

they plague older gen cards more in my opinion then newer ones. regardless, nvidias gtx 6xx lineup suffers from it as well to some people
  8. The drivers varry from game to game.
  9. So would you recomend a 670 or 7970?
  10. 7970 is the fastest single GPU video card on the market.
  11. The drivers are fine IMO. I've got a 6950 and I havent had any driver problems since I built this PC, which was a user fault.
  12. 12.7 drivers are pretty good ?
  13. Drivers are mostly not a issue... MAYBE a small performance difference varries from game to game... But never more than a couple of fps or a leaf missing on the map or something...
  14. Best answer selected by vatom.
  15. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming Graphics