user profiles

Lots of schools need to run one desktop for all users. Not a standard default
user template. But to actually disable user profiles like you could in
windows 98. With 2600 users xp takes to long to login when it has to create a
profile each time because we use a security program that freezes the desktop
and dismisses any changes to the c: once rebooted.

Does anyone know of a way to disable user profiles or assign a profile where
everyone uses it and a new local one is not created
4 answers Last reply
More about user profiles

    How To Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > How To Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    Thanks Carey. These users are actually network accounts and not local. They
    logon to a domain. The district analyst has turned off icmp so they can not
    obtain a group policy. which even in that i have not found a way to assign a
    profile to an entire group. Any other ideas

    I assume you have a server on site?

    "Keith D" wrote:

    > I assume you have a server on site?

    Yes two servers running active directory. 3 member servers.

Configuration Desktops Windows XP