Lots of schools need to run one desktop for all users. Not a standard default
user template. But to actually disable user profiles like you could in
windows 98. With 2600 users xp takes to long to login when it has to create a
profile each time because we use a security program that freezes the desktop
and dismisses any changes to the c: once rebooted.

Does anyone know of a way to disable user profiles or assign a profile where
everyone uses it and a new local one is not created

How To Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> How To Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307800
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

Thanks Carey. These users are actually network accounts and not local. They
logon to a domain. The district analyst has turned off icmp so they can not
obtain a group policy. which even in that i have not found a way to assign a
profile to an entire group. Any other ideas

I assume you have a server on site?

"Keith D" wrote:

> I assume you have a server on site?

Yes two servers running active directory. 3 member servers.