Phone feature wishlist

Last response: in Brands
September 28, 2004 12:21:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

I wish they would put features on the phone that we could actually use
in real life such as:

- a built-in flashlight

- Mark the sides with metric system so we could use it to measure
stuff.

- On the back of the phone that covers the battery, they could put a
small mirror on there instead.

- A clock screensaver where you can look at the time without pressing
a key (some phones already have this feature)

- answering machine

- voice recorder

- assign hotkeys

More about : phone feature wishlist

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 10:25:47 PM

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:21:59 -0700, Chromallly wrote:

> I wish they would put features on the phone that we could actually use
> in real life such as:
>
> - a built-in flashlight

Nokia 3200.

> - Mark the sides with metric system so we could use it to measure
> stuff.

And imperial(inches) as well ?

> - On the back of the phone that covers the battery, they could put a
> small mirror on there instead.

SE t630.

> - A clock screensaver where you can look at the time without pressing
> a key (some phones already have this feature)

Most colour screened phones already do this.

> - answering machine

Could be useful.

> - voice recorder

Already exists in quite a few handsets.

> - assign hotkeys

In addition to user defineable shortcuts ?

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 6:04:34 AM

Chromallly wrote:

> I wish they would put features on the phone that we could actually use
> in real life such as:
>
> - a built-in flashlight

Nokia 3200, amongst others can do this.

> - Mark the sides with metric system so we could use it to measure
> stuff.
>
> - On the back of the phone that covers the battery, they could put a
> small mirror on there instead.

These two are a little weird, but with Express on covers it wouldn't be
too hard to accommodate.

> - A clock screensaver where you can look at the time without pressing
> a key (some phones already have this feature)

My Nokia 7250i has a clock screen saver and I'm sure many others do too.

> - answering machine

Nokia 6600 along with any other series 60 phone has optional software
available on the net to turn it into an answering machine.

> - voice recorder

My friends new Nokia 6230 has this feature and I'm sure it can be
installed in series 60 phones with optional software.

> - assign hotkeys

Yep, most new phones have this ability.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

P.S. Give up on Ericsson! Nokia rules! :D
September 29, 2004 6:04:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

>> - voice recorder
>
>My friends new Nokia 6230 has this feature and I'm sure it can be
>installed in series 60 phones with optional software.

voice recording comes as standard on the 6600 (series 60).
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 6:04:36 AM

eggster2k wrote:
>>> - voice recorder
>>
>> My friends new Nokia 6230 has this feature and I'm sure it can be
>> installed in series 60 phones with optional software.
>
> voice recording comes as standard on the 6600 (series 60).

And the 7610 (series 60)
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 12:17:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

> > - On the back of the phone that covers the battery, they could put a
> > small mirror on there instead.
>
> SE t630.

This is going to sound weird. When I said mirror, I don't mean a
mirror so you can take a picture of yourself. I want a mirror big
enough so I can check my hair or if there's food stuck on my teeth.
It would be nice if the entire back shell of the phone is made of
mirror. That's something people would actually use.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 7:47:17 PM

"Chromallly" <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > - On the back of the phone that covers the battery, they could put a
>> > small mirror on there instead.
>>
>> SE t630.
>
> This is going to sound weird. When I said mirror, I don't mean a
> mirror so you can take a picture of yourself. I want a mirror big
> enough so I can check my hair or if there's food stuck on my teeth.
> It would be nice if the entire back shell of the phone is made of
> mirror. That's something people would actually use.

How about the ability to make and receive phone calls..?! That sounds like
a useful feature to have..!

Ivor
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 9:05:21 PM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:17:47 -0700, Chromallly wrote:

>> > - On the back of the phone that covers the battery, they could put a
>> > small mirror on there instead.
>>
>> SE t630.
>
> This is going to sound weird. When I said mirror, I don't mean a
> mirror so you can take a picture of yourself. I want a mirror big
> enough so I can check my hair or if there's food stuck on my teeth.
> It would be nice if the entire back shell of the phone is made of
> mirror.

Well there's the Xelibri 6 clamshell Powder-Puff-Phone.

> That's something people would actually use.

Hmmmmmm....

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 9:22:56 PM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:47:17 +0000, Ivor Jones wrote:

> "Chromallly" <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> SE t630.
>>
>> This is going to sound weird. When I said mirror, I don't mean a
>> mirror so you can take a picture of yourself. I want a mirror big
>> enough so I can check my hair or if there's food stuck on my teeth.
>> It would be nice if the entire back shell of the phone is made of
>> mirror. That's something people would actually use.
>
> How about the ability to make and receive phone calls..?! That sounds like
> a useful feature to have..!

Make phone calls ?? Nah that costs money. Much better to play MP3s, listen
to FM radio, take photos and video, play games, check your hair and teeth, ....

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
September 29, 2004 10:20:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

I just want a phone which does EXACTLY as it says on the box without having
to do little "fixes" all the time i.e. Bluetooth and the 6600, 6230 and MP3
MMC detection etc etc

> I wish they would put features on the phone that we could actually use
> in real life such as:
>
> - a built-in flashlight
>
> - Mark the sides with metric system so we could use it to measure
> stuff.
>
> - On the back of the phone that covers the battery, they could put a
> small mirror on there instead.
>
> - A clock screensaver where you can look at the time without pressing
> a key (some phones already have this feature)
>
> - answering machine
>
> - voice recorder
>
> - assign hotkeys
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 11:25:26 PM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:20:09 GMT, "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote:

>I just want a phone which does EXACTLY as it says on the box without having
>to do little "fixes" all the time i.e. Bluetooth and the 6600, 6230 and MP3
>MMC detection etc etc

i for one don't have problems with the 6600 and bt, or any other
problems!
September 30, 2004 1:29:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

What about the Bluetooth "sniff" mode not being active on the 6600, or the
PC Suite backup problems which are often posted on this news group ?

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:20:09 GMT, "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote:
>
> >I just want a phone which does EXACTLY as it says on the box without
having
> >to do little "fixes" all the time i.e. Bluetooth and the 6600, 6230 and
MP3
> >MMC detection etc etc
>
> i for one don't have problems with the 6600 and bt, or any other
> problems!
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 3:11:45 AM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:29:43 GMT, "Macbeth" <1@2.com> wrote:

>What about the Bluetooth "sniff" mode not being active on the 6600, or the
>PC Suite backup problems which are often posted on this news group ?

i use my 6600 and a nokia hdw-3 headset, not had any problems with the
'sniff mode' and power draining. PC suite connection via bt works
first time every time.
September 30, 2004 7:13:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Chromallly" <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I wish they would put features on the phone that we could actually use
> in real life such as:
>
> - a built-in flashlight

Not exactly a flashlight, but the camera light on the K700i does an okay job
in an emergency... and they've got that on a couple of Nokias as well.

> - Mark the sides with metric system so we could use it to measure
> stuff.

Do you REALLY need a 6cm ruler? On a cellphone?

> - On the back of the phone that covers the battery, they could put a
> small mirror on there instead.

Get a shiny sticker and stick that on...

> - A clock screensaver where you can look at the time without pressing
> a key (some phones already have this feature)
>
> - answering machine

Some networks' got that. Mine gives me a voice mailbox...

> - voice recorder

the K700i has one. so did my old Alcatel 735...

> - assign hotkeys

Many phones do already I think. Just play around with your phone's setup
screens.

<=[BC]=>
September 30, 2004 3:21:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

what a dick !! if you have nothing sensible to add, save it all up and spend
it one something like suicide...

"Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message

> "Chromallly" <chromallly@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> SE t630.
> >
> > This is going to sound weird. When I said mirror, I don't mean a
> > mirror so you can take a picture of yourself. I want a mirror big
> > enough so I can check my hair or if there's food stuck on my teeth.
> > It would be nice if the entire back shell of the phone is made of
> > mirror. That's something people would actually use.
>
> How about the ability to make and receive phone calls..?! That sounds like
> a useful feature to have..!
>
> Ivor

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 3:21:29 PM

"drue" <phht...> wrote in message
> what a dick !! if you have nothing sensible to add, save it all up and
> spend
> it one something like suicide...

Typical top poster reply. If the ability to make phone calls isn't a
sensible option for a *phone* then I don't know what is..!

<plonk>

Ivor
September 30, 2004 10:36:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

plonk to you too you furry, second rate, spluttering, obese, prostate gland
!

> "drue" <phht...> wrote in message
> > what a dick !! if you have nothing sensible to add, save it all up and
> > spend
> > it one something like suicide...
>
> Typical top poster reply. If the ability to make phone calls isn't a
> sensible option for a *phone* then I don't know what is..!
>
> <plonk>
>
> Ivor

October 1, 2004 2:05:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message

> "drue" <phht...> wrote in message
>> what a dick !! if you have nothing sensible to add, save it all up and
>> spend
>> it one something like suicide...
>
> Typical top poster reply. If the ability to make phone calls isn't a
> sensible option for a *phone* then I don't know what is..!

a can opener would be nice...

<=[BC]=>
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 4:41:16 AM

"drue" <phht...> wrote in message ...

> plonk to you too you furry, second rate, spluttering, obese, prostate
> gland

I'm *sure* he's gonna see your reply to him, now that he's plonked you.

Try looking up the word plonk, you muppet. It means that they've put you in
their killfile so they cannot see any replies from you.

Talking of which <plonk>

Mike.
October 1, 2004 4:38:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

love to one day see someone with balls in this newsgroup, all you sissy's
deliver your line then run like floundering, savourless, chubby cows

"Mike H" <dot@dot.dot.dot.moc> wrote in message

> "drue" <phht...> wrote in message ...
>
> > plonk to you too you furry, second rate, spluttering, obese, prostate
> > gland
>
> I'm *sure* he's gonna see your reply to him, now that he's plonked you.
>
> Try looking up the word plonk, you muppet. It means that they've put you
in
> their killfile so they cannot see any replies from you.
>
> Talking of which <plonk>
>
> Mike.

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 5:08:29 AM

"BC" <animusainthere@ihug.co.nzorami> wrote in message
> a can opener would be nice...

A lighter as well. All those people who smoke who forget their lighter will
never need to ask a strange person in the street ever again.
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 5:09:43 AM

> Do you REALLY need a 6cm ruler? On a cellphone?

To measure his manhood with of course ;-)
!