view/toolbars/customize;cannot rid icons of text

August 5, 2005 4:39:45 PM

In the view/toolbars/customize/text options, I must repeatedly change
from "Text on rightside of ICONS" to "No text lables" because I hate
the text lables. It makes clutter in my toolbar and also I do not like
the fact it does this in EVERY window and I must change for each new
window because it always reverts back to "Text on right side of Icons".
I like being in control of how my toolbars look and hate the distraction
of the uneeded words identifying icons as if I were a child needing to
look at a picture book to know a cat from a dog by using text. It does
not matter if the toolbars are "locked" or not. Each time I boot up, my
main window will have it reverted back to text every damn time, as will
any other windows I open. Any ideas or thought on this?
Thanks, clrwtr001

--
clrwtr001
Anonymous

Kelly Theriot, one of our MS-MVPs has a tool called Taskbar Repair Tool
Plus, which wil reduce the size of the icons. If they are small enough I
assume the text will disappear

Anyway try it and see
Her site is
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm