Canon PowerShot A610

Last response: in Digital Camera
September 22, 2005 3:35:25 PM

Can someone give some advice about A610?

The current price of A610 is $299.

Detail here:
http://www.shopping69.com/US-Store/B000AYKV4G/Canon_Pow...

More about : canon powershot a610

Anonymous
September 22, 2005 11:13:07 PM

Jesse wrote:

> Can someone give some advice about A610?
>
> The current price of A610 is $299.
>
> Detail here:
> http://www.shopping69.com/US-Store/B000AYKV4G/Canon_Pow...

I'd like to know opinions too. I've looked at this one a few times but
I'd like to hear from someone who has one.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

On 22 Sep 2005 11:35:25 -0700, "Jesse" <Jesse.Webmaster@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Can someone give some advice about A610?
>
>The current price of A610 is $299.
>
>Detail here:
>http://www.shopping69.com/US-Store/B000AYKV4G/Canon_Pow...

Jesse,
may be just the way I see it but I suspect Canon often
releases the specifications of their new cameras in advance of a
production release & them sit's back & watches certain indicators to
judge the likely demand for each new model. Then they use this
information to calculate production rates needed to meet the demand.
It's possible that even Canon can't have every model they make coming
off production line(s) every day.

So they likely tool up the line(s) for a specific model & a
fairly well known amount & then reset the line(s) for the next model &
etc. Certainly they want to make a profit & meeting demand within a
reasonable time frame is almost certainly needed to do so.

Somebody in Japan claims to have an A610 & posted some
pictures from it on www.pbase.com. If true, maybe this is likely the
beginning of the export shipment & other counties will be receiving
them soon. Also if true, I was not impressed because the pictures
posted seemed to have noticeable blurriness @ full wide angle in both
upper corners. Distortion I can deal with because there are ways to
correct it easily with a good editor & depending on subject choice, it
may not even matter, but soft or blurred distortion is something else.

I'm hoping this is not a problem in the camera design for this
model camera because it looks like a great replacement & improvement
to the A95 with outstanding video clip performance. We will have to
wait & see how well it does in the reviews, hopefully Canon did not
push this 4x optical zoom lens too far with this model.

Respectfully, DHB

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 8:03:42 PM

DHB <yoda2k@verizon.net> wrote:

> Somebody in Japan claims to have an A610 & posted some
> pictures from it on www.pbase.com.

URL?

The A610 is not yet in the stores in Japan--even the date hasn't been
announced beyond a vague "first ten days of October". It is, however,
available in other countries such as Australia.

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!
Anonymous
September 24, 2005 7:40:09 AM

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:03:42 GMT, dame_zumari@yahoo.com (Louise
Bremner) wrote:

>DHB <yoda2k@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Somebody in Japan claims to have an A610 & posted some
>> pictures from it on www.pbase.com.
>
>URL?
>
>The A610 is not yet in the stores in Japan--even the date hasn't been
>announced beyond a vague "first ten days of October". It is, however,
>available in other countries such as Australia.

> Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
> If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!

Louise,
I should have know somebody would ask for the link & saved it,
I did not, but I did find it again:

http://www.pbase.com/howards/canon_a610

Don't know for sure that these were in fact taken with an A610
but considering that I just go notified that it's available from B&H,
I would suspect that it certainly could have been available elsewhere
before B&H got them.

Hopefully other's will soon be posting links to their pictures
with this camera, as well as from know review sites. Hopefully this
camera proves to be an improvement over the A95 in most, if not all
areas but that remains to be seen.

Respectfully, DHB

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Anonymous
September 24, 2005 8:14:29 AM

DHB <yoda2k@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:03:42 GMT, dame_zumari@yahoo.com (Louise
> Bremner) wrote:
>
> >DHB <yoda2k@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Somebody in Japan claims to have an A610 & posted some
> >> pictures from it on www.pbase.com.
> >
> >URL?
> >
> >The A610 is not yet in the stores in Japan--even the date hasn't been
> >announced beyond a vague "first ten days of October". It is, however,
> >available in other countries such as Australia.
> >

> Louise,
> I should have know somebody would ask for the link & saved it,
> I did not, but I did find it again:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/howards/canon_a610

Uh.... Note that Hong Kong is not part of Japan.

> Don't know for sure that these were in fact taken with an A610
> but considering that I just go notified that it's available from B&H,
> I would suspect that it certainly could have been available elsewhere
> before B&H got them.

On dpreview, I think he said it's in the stores where he is, but I can't
remember if that's in Hong Kong or he was visiting from Australia.

!