Solved

Graphics upgrade

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 25, 2012 3:20:49 AM

Hello all,
I am using GigaByte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response and 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module Cosair i believe it is.
The video card i am using is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked).

I was thinking of upgrading graphics cards or getting a second one of 560 ti to optimize gaming experience and video exp. You guys have any suggestions?
Thanks

More about : graphics upgrade

a c 678 U Graphics card
July 25, 2012 3:24:18 AM

A second GTX 560 Ti is a very cheap upgrade that will put you up into high-end performance territory. Why not go for it to tide you over until the end of the year when we can expect to see new high-end single cards?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 25, 2012 3:26:05 AM

getting a gtx 670 would improve your gaming noticeably. However, that might cost you quite a bit like $400( minus the sale price of your gtx560ti). Getting a second gtx 560 would help you for sure but you are likely to notice micro stutter in games like bf3 and crysis 2 where they utilise more than 1gb vram.
m
l
Related resources
a c 678 U Graphics card
July 25, 2012 3:45:56 AM

shamsmu said:
getting a gtx 670 would improve your gaming noticeably. However, that might cost you quite a bit like $400( minus the sale price of your gtx560ti). Getting a second gtx 560 would help you for sure but you are likely to notice micro stutter in games like bf3 and crysis 2 where they utilise more than 1gb vram.

Microstutter is an AMD thing.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stut...
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 25, 2012 4:29:06 AM

17seconds said:
Microstutter is an AMD thing.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-stut...

still I reckon 1gb vram would be a limiting factor for future gaming. Newer games are already starting to use more than 1gb vram and the amount would only continue to grow. Gtx560 sli would only be good for another few months or so and after that, op will have to upgrade. So why not upgrade now and get a relatively higher resell value for the gtx560 ti(before the release of the gtx660 series).
A single gpu solution is always better than sli imo.
a c 678 U Graphics card
July 25, 2012 4:56:52 AM

shamsmu said:
still I reckon 1gb vram would be a limiting factor for future gaming. Newer games are already starting to use more than 1gb vram and the amount would only continue to grow. Gtx560 sli would only be good for another few months or so and after that, op will have to upgrade. So why not upgrade now and get a relatively higher resell value for the gtx560 ti(before the release of the gtx660 series).
A single gpu solution is always better than sli imo.

Agreed.
m
l
July 26, 2012 9:29:43 PM

Best answer selected by Tweakster.
m
l
July 26, 2012 9:32:15 PM

Thanks for the responses. So i will keep an eye out for deals on gtx 670. My solo 560 is overall handeling well but I plan to make reasonable upgrades if the price is not too heffty and the performance gain is.
thanks again folks.
m
l
!