PC seems to turn on, but nothing is displayed on the screen.

crysispch

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Hi,
I have a newly built system which the last part finally arrived for (the psu broke so this is take 2). The specs are as follows:
Mobo: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
CPU: ATHLON II 445 3.1GHz Triple Core Processor
RAM: XMS 4 GB 1333MHz RAM Kit and 2x2GB Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Asus Radeon HD 6670
DVD drive
In win Griffin case
PSU: OCZ 500W CoreXStream
HDD: Seagate 320gb

After building it, I turn it on and the PC seems to try and boot (there is Ubuntu 11.04 on the HDD), the fans start running and the Radeon 6670's fan runs, so everything seems okay. The hdd does some activity too. However, nothing displays on the screen as all. No BIOS appears and no post BIOS either.
I have no idea whats wrong, before the my psu broke before, the display used to work. I've tried onboard graphics as well as my external card.
Please help, I hope the mobo isn't dead and I haven't wasted my money.

g-unit1111

Titan
I had that happen on my HTPC just now and I wound up RMA'ing the motherboard - everything worked fine. The fans (CPU, GPU, and case) started spinning and everything lit up - there was no picture on the monitor. Numerous e-mails to EVGA finally revealed that it was in fact a board problem and I wound up RMA'ing my motherboard. You might want to contact your motherboard vendor to see if that's the case.

crysispch

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I was really hoping it isn't the motherboard. Is there any way to check, I mean it is a new motherboard and has virtually never been used.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah exact same thing happened to me - brand new motherboard, barely out of the box, and it wouldn't display a picture. I'm guessing dead PCI slot is the main factor for this.

crysispch

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Tried every possible port, hdmi, vga and dvi on onboard and on the 6670. And there are no beeps, when would I expect them?

crysispch

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Well the problem has been solved. I ended up removing my CPU and discovered that 2 pins on the bottom of it where badly bent. They ended up falling off and I reseated the cpu and it works now. But I'm worried as to what those two pins did..
Also, when I load the BIOS, its very slow and unresponsive (latest flash) and the boot time into Windows 7 is horrendous.
Any ideas?

g-unit1111

Titan

You might want to talk to Intel or your motherboard manufacturer about that, I think that might go way beyond my abilities here.