Wireless adapter dropping connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmc1371

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I have a problem with my wireless adapter dropping the connection and lag spikes. Every couple minutes I'm unable to load web pages for a few seconds, and when I'm playing a game online it just lags out for a few seconds and I experience very high latency. I know it's not the router because my other computer and my phone don't have any problems with the wifi, and I've tried 2 different routers. I've tried reinstalling it, reinstalling the drivers, and multiple different drivers. I do notice different download speeds with the different drivers but nothing fixes the problem. The adapter is a ENCORE ENEWI-2XN42 PCI Express Wireless N300 Adapter, 2dBi, and it's listed as a Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC on my device manager. If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Solution
FTG1955, I tried everything I could to get it to work, no luck. The company never responded to my emails so I eventually just bought a TP-Link TL-WN951N 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter from amazon.com for 30 bucks and it's worked great for me.

FTG1955

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011

usmc1371

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
FTG1955, I tried everything I could to get it to work, no luck. The company never responded to my emails so I eventually just bought a TP-Link TL-WN951N 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter from amazon.com for 30 bucks and it's worked great for me.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.