Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution: 3600x1080
Microphone: True
Language: English (United States)
Free Hard Drive Space: 11018 MB
Total Hard Drive Space: 953866 MB
Windows Experience Index Rating: 5.9

-----------------------------------------------

I have a Corsair Enthusiast 750 PSU.

My computer freezes repeatedly when I attempt to play certain games. Not all of them. Some games work just fine, others don't, and I can't seem to detect any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes games with absurd system requirements will run perfectly while another game with lesser requirements might freeze over and over again.

I ran stress and memory tests on my video cards and everything turned up fine.

Here's the kicker: those games that don't work? If I load them as soon as my computer starts up they will play perfectly. Let's use Guild Wars 2 as an example. If I start my computer and then immediately start the game I can play for hours on end without a single hiccup. If I spend 15 minutes or so checking my email, then load the game, every few minutes it will freeze for a few seconds and there will be a slew of graphical distortions.

Or if I start the game right away and then alt-tab out of it for a moment it will start freezing when I return to it.

I'm absolutely baffled. I've heard it might be that my PSU doesn't have enough power. According to my calculations I should have enough juice for everything. I haven't done any overclocking yet. I've repeatedly updated my video card drivers. I'm at a total loss. I'm thinking about testing my video cards individually to see if maybe one of them is faulty. I don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions?

More about : random freezing

a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
September 12, 2012 7:56:22 PM

i would test the graphic card first with one monitor also do you have a onboard video on the motherboard so you could try the games at low settings
September 19, 2012 2:59:59 PM

I connected the monitor to the second graphics card and everything seems to be working fine. Both cards are running.

I'm a little confused. I wonder if I should be worried about that first graphics card that was giving me problems.
a b B Homebuilt system
a b à CPUs
September 19, 2012 3:14:41 PM

since the second card work good put her in the first slot then do you have another sli bridge you could try,that will help to see if it is the card or the motherboard slot who made this
!