Windows 7 crashes after exactly 1 hour every time

Zelniq

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Starting yesterday (9/11) morning, Windows 7 64-bit always crashes exactly 60 minutes after Windows 7 boots up (using the Event Viewer's log of startup time), without exception. I get the BSOD when the computer was idle for a while before the crash, or if I'm using it when 1 hour has elapsed, all applications/Windows will stop responding, with exception to the mouse cursor moving around, and I'll get a dialog box with the title Micrsoft Windows, and the message "The application has stopped responding. Would you like to end the process? End Process || Cancel" Ctrl alt del doesn't load.

Tried System Restoring to before this problem happened..nothing. No new hardware/software changes except a few Windows Update, and it's completely updated.

I updated drivers, including motherboard drivers. Scanned with MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware, checked the hard drives for errors..no issues found.

No other issues besides this, no booting issues or whatever.
I just enabled small memory dumps in windows, will post the results next time it BSOD's.

Could it be related to some kind of Windows service or something that's scheduled to happen after an hour after boot up?

texil

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
signed up just to say THANK.YOU.

My crashes started at the exact same time as yours it sounds like. Must have been triggered for us by some update to Windows I guess. Really glad I found this.. there was no other indication that it had to do with the M4.

kirja9

Honorable
Jul 19, 2013
Yep, it worked for me too. Have Crucial M4 SDD and, apparently, some windows update messed it up. Thanks for a help, I wasted around 20 hours on it prior to finding this reply.