Solved

Building a new Frankenstein build :)

Hey community!

I'm being given some parts for free, and I thought I might combine it with some of my parts to make a new build! I enjoy reading about people's new builds, so I thought you guys might enjoy this it. I don't have much information on the parts yet, but I'll try to get some.

Pentium 4 HT 3.20 GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
Dell Dimension 8400 motherboard
Nvidia GeForce GT240 DDR3
250GB SATA HDD (sourced from a Toshiba Satellite laptop)
Ultra LSP 750W
DVD-R
CD-RW
Thermaltake V9 Black Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

I don't know much about the processor or the motherboard, and I have no idea how I am going to get the drivers on there, but yea, there it is. I'll probably get the drivers from the Dell website and put them on a disc.

So that's it. I just thought I would entertain you guys and show you my newest installment into my family of computers.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about building frankenstein build
  1. Oh wow this is going to be interesting when it comes time for you to find drivers for that motherboard :lol:
  2. That's the only thing I am afraid of....I have no clue where to get them.
  3. Best answer
    Yeah...I'm looking on the Dell website to see if there's any download links, but boy is this site confusing...

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?c=&s=&cs=&l=&DriverId=R142745

Dell Desktop 8400 is on this list but I can't find any specific drivers for it.
  4. I've been looking too, but man it is confusing. Thanks for the link though!

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dimension-8400

There's a stupid amount of drivers here.
  5. If you're lucky, windows may be able to find them for you. Good luck! :pt1cable:
  6. Windows will probably have generics for most of that stuff. Otherwise, run the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility.
  7. Wow that sure is a large list... :lol: you probably only need to pick a few out of those, though, fortunately.

And yes... hopefully Windows finds some drivers so you won't have to look through those :lol:
  8. Best answer selected by Deemo13.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems