Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Building a new Frankenstein build

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
September 13, 2012 12:40:43 AM

Hey community!

I'm being given some parts for free, and I thought I might combine it with some of my parts to make a new build! I enjoy reading about people's new builds, so I thought you guys might enjoy this it. I don't have much information on the parts yet, but I'll try to get some.

Pentium 4 HT 3.20 GHz
3GB DDR2 RAM
Dell Dimension 8400 motherboard
Nvidia GeForce GT240 DDR3
250GB SATA HDD (sourced from a Toshiba Satellite laptop)
Ultra LSP 750W
DVD-R
CD-RW
Thermaltake V9 Black Edition
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

I don't know much about the processor or the motherboard, and I have no idea how I am going to get the drivers on there, but yea, there it is. I'll probably get the drivers from the Dell website and put them on a disc.

So that's it. I just thought I would entertain you guys and show you my newest installment into my family of computers.

a b B Homebuilt system
September 13, 2012 12:58:59 AM

Oh wow this is going to be interesting when it comes time for you to find drivers for that motherboard :lol: 

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 13, 2012 1:06:16 AM

That's the only thing I am afraid of....I have no clue where to get them.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
September 13, 2012 1:10:57 AM

Yeah...I'm looking on the Dell website to see if there's any download links, but boy is this site confusing...

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDeta...

Dell Desktop 8400 is on this list but I can't find any specific drivers for it.
September 13, 2012 1:17:42 AM

If you're lucky, windows may be able to find them for you. Good luck! :pt1cable: 
m
l
September 13, 2012 1:24:43 AM

Windows will probably have generics for most of that stuff. Otherwise, run the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 13, 2012 1:25:39 AM

Wow that sure is a large list... :lol:  you probably only need to pick a few out of those, though, fortunately.

And yes... hopefully Windows finds some drivers so you won't have to look through those :lol: 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 25, 2012 9:10:52 AM

Best answer selected by Deemo13.
m
l
!