Any Servers for Newbie's?

Not new to game but I am new to Online play. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Clark
4 answers Last reply
More about servers newbie

    In article <0ajoe.2308$RV5.1850@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com>, who@whoknows.com
    says...
    > Not new to game but I am new to Online play. Any suggestions?

    Get ready for BF2?
    --
    "Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
    beat you with experience."

    "Clark" <who@whoknows.com> wrote in message
    > Not new to game but I am new to Online play. Any suggestions?

    Hi.

    New people are more than welcome to play on the [AGB] servers, just follow
    the rules, the most important to get to grips with straight away are don't
    enter or attack the enemy main base, and don't kill your own team members or
    vehicles.

    Oh, and of course if you haven't learn to fly choppers don't practise with
    team-mates on board!

    Creating a shortcut on your desktop to:

    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1
    +joinServer 67.18.57.68:14567

    will take you straight in to the DCF server.

    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1
    +joinServer 67.18.57.69

    Vanilla (plain) BF1942 server

    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\BfVietnam.exe" +restart 1
    +joinServer 67.18.57.75:15567

    BFV server.

    Sometimes there are mods on the second two. And the line up will change a
    bit as soon as the BF2 Demo/Game are released.

    Lorian.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

    Lorian wrote:
    > "Clark" <who@whoknows.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Not new to game but I am new to Online play. Any suggestions?
    >

    > Hi.
    >
    > New people are more than welcome to play on the [AGB] servers, just follow
    > the rules, the most important to get to grips with straight away are don't
    > enter or attack the enemy main base, and don't kill your own team members or
    > vehicles.
    >
    > Oh, and of course if you haven't learn to fly choppers don't practise with
    > team-mates on board!
    >
    > Creating a shortcut on your desktop to:
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1
    > +joinServer 67.18.57.68:14567
    >
    > will take you straight in to the DCF server.
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1
    > +joinServer 67.18.57.69
    >
    > Vanilla (plain) BF1942 server
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\BfVietnam.exe" +restart 1
    > +joinServer 67.18.57.75:15567
    >
    > BFV server.
    >
    > Sometimes there are mods on the second two. And the line up will change a
    > bit as soon as the BF2 Demo/Game are released.
    >
    > Lorian.

    www.agbgaming.com

    most important rule is, be polite to others,
    dont say anything you woundnt be prepared to say face to face.
    At the end of the day, online gaming is about having fun with people.
    The Battlefield series of games (and mods) allows people to explore,
    and have much amusement together.
    regards [AGB] malcolm
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

    The group thing is something I have no experience with. I don't know the
    commands to say something so I will have a hard time saying something bad.
    ;-)

    I noticed on the bottom of the server screen there is a check box for demo
    servers. I just don't how to pick them out from the others. And I don't
    know to use or which servers use voice.

    I did get on line yesterday for the first time ever. I am sure with a
    little more practice I will start to pick up the fun parts of online gaming.

    Clark

    "malcolm" <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    > Lorian wrote:
    >> "Clark" <who@whoknows.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Not new to game but I am new to Online play. Any suggestions?
    >>

    >> Hi.
    >>
    >> New people are more than welcome to play on the [AGB] servers, just
    >> follow the rules, the most important to get to grips with straight away
    >> are don't enter or attack the enemy main base, and don't kill your own
    >> team members or vehicles.
    >>
    >> Oh, and of course if you haven't learn to fly choppers don't practise
    >> with team-mates on board!
    >>
    >> Creating a shortcut on your desktop to:
    >>
    >> "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1
    >> +joinServer 67.18.57.68:14567
    >>
    >> will take you straight in to the DCF server.
    >>
    >> "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +restart 1
    >> +joinServer 67.18.57.69
    >>
    >> Vanilla (plain) BF1942 server
    >>
    >> "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\BfVietnam.exe" +restart 1
    >> +joinServer 67.18.57.75:15567
    >>
    >> BFV server.
    >>
    >> Sometimes there are mods on the second two. And the line up will change a
    >> bit as soon as the BF2 Demo/Game are released.
    >>
    >> Lorian.
    >>

    > www.agbgaming.com
    >
    > most important rule is, be polite to others,
    > dont say anything you woundnt be prepared to say face to face.
    > At the end of the day, online gaming is about having fun with people.
    > The Battlefield series of games (and mods) allows people to explore,
    > and have much amusement together.
    > regards [AGB] malcolm

Games Servers Video Games