Wireless indicator light is unresponsive after installing windows 8

DeepakKumar01

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Hello,
I have a Sony VAIO model SVE15113EN with a preinstalled windows 7 home basic. I have recently done a clean install with windows 8 pro. After the installation WIFI was not working and also Wireless lan indicator light was on even wifi was off. therefore i installed Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless network adaptor from Sony website.
Actually there is not any Atheros Wireless lan driver for windows 8pro. therefore i have installed this driver for windows 7 os which was preiviously installed . i had cheaked it previously that it is compatible with windows 8.
After installing this i was unable to switch on the wifi . for solving this issue i shut down my vaio and reinsert the bettery and... its working ... Fine..
But wireless indicator light is always on even switching off the wifi....
and the second...
An unknown device in device manager which windows is unable to find...
Any solution....

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

DeepakKumar01

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

@weaselman i downloaded the file from that site but after extracting the it says "system file can be installed and using this file or editing and modifying can cause your system damage".
and nothing else...

DeepakKumar01

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Downloaded the latest atheros driver from atheros websites and successfully updated my wireless driver.....
But issue was the same....
Didn't work with my problem...

Finally solved my issue myself....
I had wasted a lot of time for searching this issue on google search..
Finally solved and my wireless lan indicator light is working fine.....

ohmniox

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014

Hi DeepakKumar01,
I have sony vaio SVE15116ENB and me too is having the same problem. My wireless LED remains on irrespective of the WIFI/Bluetooth State.
You said you solved your issue. Can you please guide me to resolve my problem.

DeepakKumar01

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
@ohmniox you need to install sony wireless state device driver. Go to the sony product support page and choose your vaio model and download the Sony Wireless State Device Driver, Thats it.