Menu Show Delay for all profiles

Hi, currently the default value for MenuShowDelay is 400 and if we change it
to 0 it only affects the Current logged on user.Is there any way that i can
change the Menushowdelay value to 0 for all XP users ? Is the any group
policy settings that i could apply to automate this changes ?

Please help

The International School of Penang (Uplands)

It's a per user setting, so appears independently in each user hive in the
registry.
In regedit, in the left pane, highlight My computer (top of the tree)); edit
menu, find, type menushowdelay, make sure the values box is checked , click
find next. That will bring up the first instance. Modify it as you wish.
press F3 to find the next instance, modify it, press F3, etc. until you get
the message 'finished searching through the registry.

Alternatively, log on sequentially as each user and change the data at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop for the currently logged on user.

"aznan" wrote:

> Hi, currently the default value for MenuShowDelay is 400 and if we change it
> to 0 it only affects the Current logged on user.Is there any way that i can
> change the Menushowdelay value to 0 for all XP users ? Is the any group
> policy settings that i could apply to automate this changes ?
>
> Please help
>
> The International School of Penang (Uplands)

Hi, i need the solution for all user profiles, meaning that the setting
should apply through the Default user profile whenever a new user logs on.
--

aznan wrote:
> Hi, i need the solution for all user profiles, meaning that the
> setting should apply through the Default user profile whenever a new
> user logs on.

That one is easy (for new users)..
Just create the default user profile with the settings you want - this one
included, and all NEW USERS get those settings..

How to create a custom default user profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319974

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Hi , i've followed all the instruction from on How to create a custom default
user profile from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319974 and had everything
working fine but then i'm receiving the message shown below during the logon:-

"Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a
temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log
off."

Please help

--

aznan wrote:
> Hi , i've followed all the instruction from on How to create a custom
> default user profile from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319974 and
> had everything working fine but then i'm receiving the message shown
> below during the logon:-
>
> "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a
> temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when
> you log off."

During the logon of a NEW user? Or of the user you modified?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

It is at the logon of a NEW user. During the first time logon and applying
settings it works fine but after few times logging on and off i find this
problem. The problem is intermittent.

Thanks