Phenom x4 965 OCd to 3.8 and 660ti or i5 3570k and 560 (non ti)

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
My budget is 900 bucks and I need an OS. I'm not exactly asking for build help or suggestions here, so much as a flat, yes or no answer. Any opinions? Also, the phenom 965 shouldn't be a bottleneck for the 660ti, at least not enough to make any more than a few fps difference.

TheScarecrow97

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

Thank you! The only reason I went with the 660ti is because I saw an anandtech benchmark that put it about 10-15 fps ahead of the 7950 in a couple of the games I intend to play. Not ruling out the 7950 though.

G

well to be honest i only mentioned it because i expect a crowd of AMD fanboys to come in here and blabber senselessly on how the 660ti is a rip off after reading it memory bandwidth limitations:
Seven GeForce GTX 660 Ti Cards: Exploring Memory Bandwidth

they will all ignore the fact that it wasn't gpu performance that was benchmarked but memory capabilities. and also it neglected to consider TXAA (nVidia's AA) instead of MSAA.

bottom line is both cards are great and depend strictly on what the users wants.

The7950 is better overall. And this is coming from someone that owns the 660ti. However, I bought the 660ti for BF3 at 1080p and love it.

I think AMD processors are risky cuz they are on the low end now. Next gen should be better but....same with Intel. To save money, AMD is a good choice. You could always upgrade to next gen. I'd personally go with lower processor so I can get higher GPU.

The7950 is better overall. And this is coming from someone that owns the 660ti. However, I bought the 660ti for BF3 at 1080p and love it.

I think AMD processors are risky cuz they are on the low end now. Next gen should be better but....same with Intel. To save money, AMD is a good choice. You could always upgrade to next gen. I'd personally go with lower processor so I can get higher GPU.