AMD 8350 VS i5-3570k(General Discussion)

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
To start this out I have just started using a 3570k and am pretty impressed with it compered to a fx-8120, though i was watching some videos and saw a video that stated that the 8350 was about 50% faster than this in games like arma2 for example... This bugs me because i play arma a lot, I just wanted to start a discussion on this and to see if I made a mistake with upgrading(for those of you who know me I am just wanting to talk about it I am happy with the 3570k I was just wondering what others had to say[im talking to you amuffin])

Thanks to all for posting

stantheman123

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
I still Think the i5 3570k is a faster gaming cpu than any amd cpu. I saw the video. its one video vs tons of sites saying the i5 3570k is faster. You did not make the wrong choice. the i5 3570k is a beast of a chip

G

sorry but a 50% better performance in arma 2 when both are overclocked?
Test Processor - AMD vs. Intel. 160 units in 52 tests. Which CPU is the fastest?

arma2_noc_1920.png

goth boy is sniffing too much nail polish.

xa376

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

Is that a problem? I don't see why anyone really cares about power usage. I would much rather the 3570k use as much power as the 8350 for a performance increase.

Its not as simple as just power.

More power usage = more heat generated.

Thus more extreme cooling necessary for a decent OC.

That is just ONE factor directly related to power.

xa376

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

Wait wait wait. Doesn't the 8350 overclock better anyways???????????

G

Test kit and procedure

Sapphire HD 7970 Vapor-X 6 GB

as far as the site being reputable; if you have google chrome you can set it so any foreign language is translated and brows around the site and read different articles. i definitely find it better than a site like tweaktown. :lol:

to be blunt, i would consider it a lot more reputable than a you tube channel where T-shirts and band CDs are being pimped off.

G

do you know why all 3 cpu performed the same in gaming?

because a GTX660 was used and that would be a bottleneck. if you want to benchmark cpus for gaming a much higher end gpu like a 7970 is needed.

don't forget anybody can produce a video and upload it to youtube, its free.