Strange Power Switch Question

EddyHerry

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hello,

I've had my PC for almost two years now and have never had any problems with turning it on.

However, this last week, I was pressing the power button some 50 times but it wouldn't turn on at all, however power was being supplied as I could see the little LED lights on like usual.

Then I decided to turn power off completely from the power supply and on again and as soon as I pressed the power switch, the PC turned on and worked normally :D

For the last three days, this is how I have been putting on my PC as if I don't turn the power supply off completely, it won't turn on.

Any ideas please as to what might be causing this malfunction?

Cheers

try removing the P.Sw cable from your mobo and shorting the two pins momentarily with a clip or small screwdriver, if this turns it on fine then your switch or wire is at fault, if not then its likely more serious.
Moto

EddyHerry

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys,

Thanks for your messages. It was the PSU in fact... I just switch it off after using the PC and when I switch it back on from the back, my PC starts straight away. Something to do with it decharging I heard... Might need to change it if it starts playing up again.

All the best