Sign in with
Your question

Strange Power Switch Question

Last response: in Components
January 27, 2013 8:43:54 AM

Hello,

I've had my PC for almost two years now and have never had any problems with turning it on.

However, this last week, I was pressing the power button some 50 times but it wouldn't turn on at all, however power was being supplied as I could see the little LED lights on like usual.

Then I decided to turn power off completely from the power supply and on again and as soon as I pressed the power switch, the PC turned on and worked normally :D 

For the last three days, this is how I have been putting on my PC as if I don't turn the power supply off completely, it won't turn on.

Any ideas please as to what might be causing this malfunction?

Cheers
a c 104 ) Power supply
January 27, 2013 10:07:44 AM

try removing the P.Sw cable from your mobo and shorting the two pins momentarily with a clip or small screwdriver, if this turns it on fine then your switch or wire is at fault, if not then its likely more serious.
Moto
a b ) Power supply
January 27, 2013 10:45:05 AM

Hi :) 

I own computer shops.... its NEVER the switch... its the PSU...

All the best Brett :) 
February 9, 2013 5:11:53 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for your messages. It was the PSU in fact... I just switch it off after using the PC and when I switch it back on from the back, my PC starts straight away. Something to do with it decharging I heard... Might need to change it if it starts playing up again.

All the best
!