New Linux Mint system.

theullrich

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
I spent some time to put this together. I am planning on building this for my self in the next month or two. I am more of a software person with only general understanding of hardware. Just want peoples opinions/ about better options. Here is the part picker. I am planning on doing some average gaming (want to play games but dont really care if they are supper high graphics, just run well) and general use. As well as a bit of multimedia work for school and other fun projects. My Price point is around $600. I will running Linux mint and maybe windows 7/8 have not decided yet. Planning on doing a raid0 just for the extra efficiency.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hjcm

Approximate Purchase Date: This month or next, when I am happy with it.

Budget Range: $600ish

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming Multimedia Work

Are you buying a monitor: I have one maybe buying a second to match the first.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Dont really care have used tigerdirect and newegg before.

Parts Preferences: Don't really care as long as it is compatible with linux

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe (not really needed but if it more efficiente why not?)

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 +

allanitomwesh

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
A couple of things are off.
You don't need to cool an i3, it doesn't overclock. The stock cooler is fine. Also you want the i3 3220 with that motherboard.
On the motherboard, I would prefer foxconn or gigabyte on a budget. Biostar are fine,but there's better.
You don't need raid on such a small capacity drive.
Put in abit more for 380w.
You might want to pick a case and optical drive too,they're kinda necessary. Take a look at the Antec One case. Also look at lite on 24x burner.