Help me find a good Nvidia GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

LevelUp_

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Hello Guys,
I am currently building a PC for a little bit of Gaming and a bit of Video Editing, I have all the components I need to start my build but I still need to find a graphics card. My motherboard supports SLI so I would like to use Nvidia cards. What's a good Nvidia card around $100 that would fit my needs and could be SLI'd in the future?

Solution
Jup, you should only plan to SLI a card with one of the same model.
Something else to keep in mind, nearly every motherboard with dual PCIe 16x slots for the past 6+ years supports AMD CrossFire.
There is just as much incentive for you to buy an AMD GPU as an nVidia one then ;)

Working with your budget and Newegg.ca (where you can actually order from, unlike Newegg.com...), I found these to be your best options in the $100 CAD range:

Asus 7750: $100 (after $10 MIR)
Asus 6770 Silent: $90 (after ($30 MIR)

Both have similar performance and are in your price range after the MIR.
Additionally, they perform on a similar level to the more expensive GTX 550 Ti, of which the...

LevelUp_

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012

I don't really understand, HWcompare is not a benchmark? Since you said the 6670 has a better performance than the GTX 550Ti, are the in game fps better in the 6670?

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
I have the EVGA 550 ti, not the superclocked. I doubt that little bit of clocking would mean more than 1-3 extra fps. It is a good card, and you could SLI it with another 5xx card down the road, like the 560/570.

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
I dont think it is really worth putting two 550 ti's into an SLI either. I guess it just depends on what you need. I dont really play BF3 and other online FPS because a new one comes out every other month. I have Diablo 3, Skyrim, Fallout NV on my PC right now and I am running them all on Ultra. If something comes out that I want that I can't set to Ultra I would probably have to debate on getting another 550 ti or just upgrading to a better card all together.

Jup, you should only plan to SLI a card with one of the same model.
Something else to keep in mind, nearly every motherboard with dual PCIe 16x slots for the past 6+ years supports AMD CrossFire.
There is just as much incentive for you to buy an AMD GPU as an nVidia one then ;)

Working with your budget and Newegg.ca (where you can actually order from, unlike Newegg.com...), I found these to be your best options in the $100 CAD range:

Asus 7750: $100 (after $10 MIR)
Asus 6770 Silent: $90 (after ($30 MIR)

Both have similar performance and are in your price range after the MIR.
Additionally, they perform on a similar level to the more expensive GTX 550 Ti, of which the Least Expensive is $115 after a $10 MIR.

If you can strech your budget a little further, I would recommend one of the following:

EVGA 560 SE: $110 (after $10 MIR)
MSI 7770: $125

Both of these should also perform on a similar level; about 20-25% faster than the other cards.

Personally, if I where choosing from this assortment, I would get either the 7750 or 7770.
While they share similar gaming performance with their counterparts, they use much lower power and have much better direct compute performance.
Additionally, they are the newest cards of the bunch, which will help if you ever decide to CrossFire in the future.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.