can I stop a user from isntallaing USB device

actually, What is really desired by my boss is to stop him from writing to
USB attached devices. He is a power user
If a method can also stop him from installing any device driver or programs,
that is even better esp. if that is a new stealth group policy

How do I prevent the use of USB Storage Devices in Windows XP?
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBO/tip7000/rh7093.htm

Also see: "Controlling block storage devices on USB buses"
in the following article.

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2otech.mspx#ECAA

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"gg" wrote:

| actually, What is really desired by my boss is to stop him from writing to
| USB attached devices. He is a power user
| If a method can also stop him from installing any device driver or programs,
| that is even better esp. if that is a new stealth group policy

thank you.

I forgot to mention that the user must not be able to see the device being
disabled - the 2nd strategy of disable would have work except for this
stealth requirement.

I would prefer a group policy disallowing access instead of disabling the
device.