can I stop a user from isntallaing USB device

actually, What is really desired by my boss is to stop him from writing to
USB attached devices. He is a power user
If a method can also stop him from installing any device driver or programs,
that is even better esp. if that is a new stealth group policy
2 answers Last reply
More about stop user isntallaing device

    How do I prevent the use of USB Storage Devices in Windows XP?
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBO/tip7000/rh7093.htm

    Also see: "Controlling block storage devices on USB buses"
    in the following article.

    Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2otech.mspx#ECAA

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "gg" wrote:

    | actually, What is really desired by my boss is to stop him from writing to
    | USB attached devices. He is a power user
    | If a method can also stop him from installing any device driver or programs,
    | that is even better esp. if that is a new stealth group policy

    thank you.

    I forgot to mention that the user must not be able to see the device being
    disabled - the 2nd strategy of disable would have work except for this
    stealth requirement.

    I would prefer a group policy disallowing access instead of disabling the
    device.

    > How do I prevent the use of USB Storage Devices in Windows XP?
    > http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBO/tip7000/rh7093.htm
    >
    > Also see: "Controlling block storage devices on USB buses"
    > in the following article.
    >
    > Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2otech.mspx#ECAA
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "gg" wrote:
    >
    > | actually, What is really desired by my boss is to stop him from writing
    > | USB attached devices. He is a power user
    > | If a method can also stop him from installing any device driver or
    > programs,
    > | that is even better esp. if that is a new stealth group policy

Configuration Devices USB Customization Windows XP