Sign in with
Your question

Computer freezing on Guild Wars 2 and planetside 2

Last response: in Systems
September 13, 2012 5:19:26 AM

Ive had a problem with my system ever since i had ordered a new motherboard and 4 gigs of RAM . I Decided it was time to upgrade from 2 gigs to itleast 4, and needed a new motherboard that could handle DDR3.

System:
EVGA GTC 260 216 cores
mobo: Foxconn G4MXE-v
Core 2 Duo E8200 @ 2.66 Ghz
4 gigs of patriot gamer Series 2 i think
690 watt coolermaster power supply

I thought it might be the two sticks of RAM not getting enough power, but i checked and its at the right setting, i tried

changing the frequency of the ram down to 667 so it could match my CPU. It will freeze up on both games, completely

locking my computer, Ctrl alt Del Wont work, cant do anything but a hard reset.I checked the temps of my cpu, and gpu and they are both fine. Im not sure what it could be, another thing i tried was just using a single stick of RAM and it works just fine, but isn't what i want. Im not sure what to do, and ive been putting up with this for a while now, but i need some help finding the problem, Pretty please?
September 13, 2012 5:32:20 AM

Ive also updated the bios which should have fixed some 4gig memory issue or somthing, but it didnt seem to help.
m
l
September 13, 2012 5:43:16 AM

Can anyone help? Please? School is starting for me soon and id like to take care of all this before i have to go to college.
m
l
Related resources
September 21, 2012 5:14:58 PM

Well since it worked before the upgrade, its probably the mobo or the RAM. Take one stick of ram out, and run memtest. try it with just the other stick. See if either fail.
m
l
September 21, 2012 5:42:57 PM

did u check to see if the ram was compatible with ur mobo?
m
l
September 26, 2012 5:09:51 AM

I am having this same problem, except my computer has been running pretty much flawlessly for the two years I've owned it. I Have 12 GB RAM, GTX 460 GPU, a 2nd generation 930 i7 Intel CPU @ 2.80 GHz, and I KNOW all my hardware is compatible. Guild Wars 2 has run without a hitch until a couple weeks ago and I've had about 3 instances of freezing while running Planetside 2. Could it be a problem with my GPU? It is getting a little outdated, maybe I'll try lowering the graphics or investing in a newer card.
*Update*
My GPU driver was out of date. Let's see if the update helps. I'll keep you posted.
m
l
September 28, 2012 3:49:47 AM

So, even after the GPU driver update my computer froze 30 minutes into gameplay. There's no way it's over heating. Please let us know if you figure something out.
m
l
!