turning off saved addresses, search text, etc.

August 7, 2005 5:41:01 AM

does anyone know how I can turn off the feature that completes my address or
text I have previously used? I have searched everywhere and cannot find it.
Thank you
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 2:49:28 PM

"Smiley the biker's wife" <Smiley the biker's
wife@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> does anyone know how I can turn off the feature that completes my
> address or
> text I have previously used? I have searched everywhere and cannot
> find it.

IE - Tools - Internet Options - Content - Auto Complete
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 4:50:36 PM

Go to Control Panel and click on the Internet options icon. In the Internet
options properties window click the Content Tab. Look for the Auto Complete
button and click on that. Once the auto complete window opens remove the
check marks from 'web addresses' and 'user names and passwords on forms' Nex
click OK then in the next windows click Apply followed by OK to exit.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

!