CPU Socket Damaged????

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
I've assmbled my components then I turned it on. The problem is I can't see anything on the screen.
Here is its beep code: 1 short beep, after 5-7 seconds 1 long beep!!!! So what can I do?
My components:
Mobo: ASUS P8H77-V LE
CPU: Core i5 3450
RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x2 Gb DDR3 1600 MHz
VGA: ASUS GTX550 Ti DirectCU TOP
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1Tb SATA3
Power: Green GP530A-EU
Please help ..... I suspect the RAM but I haven't tested other RAM yet!!!!

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Does the HDD spin up or anything?

If you plug your monitor into your motherboard instead of video card, do you get video? What if you remove your video card and only use the integrated graphics?

Try pulling one stick of RAM out, then swap them (testing each one at a time).

Try using the BIOS reset jumper (or removing the bios battery for 1 minute while unplugged).

Have you assembled a computer before? Are you sure that you have everything put together properly and have not damaged anything during assembly?
You've used the motherboard standoffs (usually little brass screw-in things, that you can put a screw in)?
Is the CPU fan installed correctly (on the first try) and running?

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Also, you should keeep things to one post:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/362823-31-doesn-boot

Having two seperate threads running trying to help one problem with different sets of information is just going to give you conflicting answers.

"If the processor has any problem it should beep right??? because I remove the cap first then I unleashed the socket, I hope it's ok!!!! "
By this, do you mean that you pulled the plastic cover out before releasing the tension lever? I'm pretty sure you can do some harm this way, if you think you have damaged the socket you should be able to find the bent pins. Here's a post on the subject: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/311864-30-bent-socket-pins

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

1. No. I tried both Onboard D-Sub and Graphics Card. But I take a look!
2. I've done all these, 1 RAM, swapping RAMs in Blue and Black slots.
3. You sure that helps? this is the first time that this PC works! there's no OS on it!!
4. No, but I used manual to assemble them. By the way I removed PnCap before opening the Socket....... 80% from manual!!!!! :cry: :cry:

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

There's no bent pin!!!! :cry: :cry:

dingo07

Distinguished

I find that VERY HARD to Believe... tech support has all the answers, and if while on the phone with one, they can't figure it out, they should send you a new board.

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

Very funny then my case is exceptional???? :ouch: :ouch:
I'm not lying!!! :cry: :cry: I'm aware of what I'm saying!! :cry: :cry:
1 short beep, after 5-7 seconds one long beep!!!! maybe my speaker is different???? my case is Green X3!

proton007

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Take out your motherboard from the chasis.

Only have the RAM, CPU, Cooler and HDD. Remove everything else.
Connect the PSU.

Switch on. Report what happens.

And for god's sake, stop using so many emoticons.

expellite

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

ok I'll do it. By the way I checked the socket, no bent pins. I like emotics!!!