Closed Solved

Gtx 670 vs radeon hd 7950

It's a $50 difference, i'm wonderin which i should go with. i do a lot of heavy gaming, mostly just rts and rpg/mmorpg however. i will be running dual hd 24"/22" monitors, not while gaming.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 7950
  1. the 670 will have better performance, but i would say its honestly about the deal you can get, they are both very capable cards and should do you well with your setup, what specific games?
  2. i would say the 670 gtx is better then the 7950. if you step up to a 7970 then i would say go with the 7970 over the 670 gtx.
  3. And, what psu?
  4. ballinb0ss said:
    the 670 will have better performance, but i would say its honestly about the deal you can get, they are both very capable cards and should do you well with your setup, what specific games?

Rts-wise, lots of starcraft 2 and the dawn of war II franchise. i don't play many fps on the pc. with mmo's ill get into wow and such
  5. those games are motley cpu dependent either of those cards will do for what your using them for. go with the cheaper one.
  6. my psu is a http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu750txv2 i got it on sale for the same price as a 650, so i thought why not/
  7. i appreciate the help! im thinking to go with the 670
  8. that psu will be fine for either of those cards
  9. Best answer
    The games that your planning on playing or currently play do better with the Nvidia cards. Grab the 670 FTW edition from EVGA and dont look back.
  10. AaronC8319 said:
    The games that your planning on playing or currently play do better with the Nvidia cards. Grab the 670 FTW edition from EVGA and dont look back.

Basically this

if the cards are equal, then what it comes down to is

price
    what card performs better in x games you play
    cooling
    size
  11. @ stock despite the autoboost the 670 will be faster, but once you start to overclock the 7950 will pull ahead in most games. I would go for the 7950 myself its overclock well over 1.1ghz matching the gtx 680 and 7970 most of the time
  12. Best answer selected by bloyd2906.
  13. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gaming HD Radeon Graphics Product