Solved

Need Cooling help

Hello, everyone I just bought this computer from microcenter

http://www.microcenter.com/product/388813/G213_Desktop_Computer

and I also bought three of these kaze 3,000 rpm fans

http://www.microcenter.com/product/274204/Ultra_Kaze_120mm_3,000RPM_Case_Fan

and I really need some help. The case I have it has space for 2 120mm fans on the side of the case, the front intake is a 120mm led fan at 1,200 rpm and the back of the case has a space for a fan. Now what I'm asking is what would be the best way to setup the cooling in my case and which directions do I aim my fans(sticker pointing to the inside or outside of the case.)

This is how I have it setup right now. The front fan(the 1,200rpm) is the fan that came with the case and I left it there, the sticker is pointing outside of the case. The side fans are two of my kaze fans(3,000rpm) and both of thier stickers are pointing to the outside of the case. Then my back fan(kaze 3,000rpm) sticker is pointing outside the case. Can you please help me I want my cpu to be as cool as possible
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need cooling help
  1. darkshak said:
    Hello, everyone I just bought this computer from microcenter

    http://www.microcenter.com/product/388813/G213_Desktop_Computer

    and I also bought three of these kaze 3,000 rpm fans

    http://www.microcenter.com/product/274204/Ultra_Kaze_120mm_3,000RPM_Case_Fan

    and I really need some help. The case I have it has space for 2 120mm fans on the side of the case, the front intake is a 120mm led fan at 1,200 rpm and the back of the case has a space for a fan. Now what I'm asking is what would be the best way to setup the cooling in my case and which directions do I aim my fans(sticker pointing to the inside or outside of the case.)

    This is how I have it setup right now. The front fan(the 1,200rpm) is the fan that came with the case and I left it there, the sticker is pointing outside of the case. The side fans are two of my kaze fans(3,000rpm) and both of thier stickers are pointing to the outside of the case. Then my back fan(kaze 3,000rpm) sticker is pointing outside the case. Can you please help me I want my cpu to be as cool as possible


    I would have the higher RPM fans at the front, and remove all unused drive cages (those brackets the HDDs mount into, they block air flow). Then use another high RPM fan at the rear, at the CPU exhaust. This ensures a good volume of air flow from front to back.

    Then if your GPUs are running warm you can put a low RPM fan at the side intakes. Those intakes are not as good, because their flow path are perpendicular to the main flow path of the case, and are short-pathed, so using them creates additional turbulence and changes the front-back flow behaviour somewhat unpredictably.

    Do you have any top exhaust vents ?
  2. in at the front and bottom , out at the top and back

    the side fans usually would blow cold air at the graphics card
  3. I just noticed from your link that your CPU has a stock Intel heatsink. If you are really worried about your CPU temperatures, you should install an aftermarket heatsink. Some really good ones are:

    Thermalright (Archon, HR-02, SilverArrow) or any of the Noctua equivalents.

    Or you can also try a Corsair H80 water cooler, I'd recommend the H100, but you don't have two 120mm fan spots from the pictures I can see.
  4. Im sorry for the late response these college computers suck. Maxx_Power, Thanks bro, and I dont have a top exhaust, and how do I know which way to put the fan if I want it to be an intake or exhaust?
  5. Outlander I understood the bottom line of your post but not the top one can you explain please
  6. I never installed water cooling to a pc, but I am looking into getting a new heatsink
  7. Best answer
    darkshak said:
    I never installed water cooling to a pc, but I am looking into getting a new heatsink


    OKay, in that case, you can probably realistically consider a water cooler. Since you got high RPM fans, the water cooler will work well in your setup, and easy to install too.

    The exhaust direction is the side with the fan frame and motor assembly. The intake direction of a fan is the fan blade direction. Make the front fans pull air into the case (the fan frame and motor side facing IN the case) and the rear and top ones exhaust out (fan frame and motor side facint OUT the case).

    So these fans should look like:

    Exhaust Side at Rear of Case [Frame Side--Fan Blade Side} Inside of Case [Frame Side--Fan Blade Side} Front of Case
  8. Okay thanks again dude for explaing it for me, and I'll look into water cooling it it's just that bringing water near my computer make me nervous (If water leaks on my motherboard)
  9. darkshak said:
    Okay thanks again dude for explaing it for me, and I'll look into water cooling it it's just that bringing water near my computer make me nervous (If water leaks on my motherboard)


    No problem! The watercooling units I have mentioned are all sealed units, so you don't (normally) have to worry about leakages.

    However, the thermalright units are nearly as good as the water coolers, if they fit in the case, because good air coolers are towers, and they tend to be tall.
  10. Best answer selected by darkshak.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Cases Fan Cooling Systems