Cannot see other user Documents Folder

I share computer with my wife. Both we have administrators rights.
When I opened "My computer" view in Windows Explorer I used to see items like:

Disk C:
Shared Documents
Documents - Me
Documents - Wife
....(other stuff)

and I could access documents folder of my wife (and vice versa, she could
access my documents folder).

But since recently, I cannot see documents of my wife in "My document"

Disk C:
Shared Documents
Documents - Me
....(other stuff)

and I cannot access documents folder of my wife when I try to do it in
windows explorer. BUT at the same time my sife STILL can access my documents
folder and see it in "My computer" view when she logins with her user name!

Please, explane!
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot user documents folder

    On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 12:28:02 -0700, Dmitry wrote:

    > I share computer with my wife. Both we have administrators rights.
    > When I opened "My computer" view in Windows Explorer I used to see items like:
    >
    > Disk C:
    > Shared Documents
    > Documents - Me
    > Documents - Wife
    > ...(other stuff)
    >
    > and I could access documents folder of my wife (and vice versa, she could
    > access my documents folder).
    >
    > But since recently, I cannot see documents of my wife in "My document"
    >
    > Disk C:
    > Shared Documents
    > Documents - Me
    > ...(other stuff)
    >
    > and I cannot access documents folder of my wife when I try to do it in
    > windows explorer. BUT at the same time my sife STILL can access my documents
    > folder and see it in "My computer" view when she logins with her user name!
    >
    > Please, explane!

    "Owner" rights supersede those of "administrator" in permissions.

    What version of XP is this? One can opt to "make folder private" when using
    the "simple file sharing" model available in XP Pro or if using XP Home.
    Unchecking the "make private" box does not necessarily grant access to
    other users in the administrative group again. Permissions can be edited to
    add your account and give it access.

    How to set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions in Windows
    XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Using Windows XP Pro SP2 (Russian Localized Edition)

    THANK YOU! Try to do it, when get back home!

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 03:18:01 -0700, Dmitry wrote:

    > Using Windows XP Pro SP2 (Russian Localized Edition)
    >
    > THANK YOU! Try to do it, when get back home!
    >

    > "Sharon F" wrote:

    You're welcome and good luck with this!

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Windows Explorer Computers My Documents Windows XP