Sign in with
Your question

Will Corsairs individually sleeved cables work with my Seasonic PSU?

Last response: in Components
January 27, 2013 4:41:33 PM

Hi,

The reason I ask this is because I just was watching a review of the cables and the reviewer said that it's a shame that other company's don't have this for there power supplies.

I would think they would work. But for the price I don't want to find out they don't.

Thanks
a c 1200 ) Power supply
January 27, 2013 5:05:07 PM

Which Corsair cables specifically and which Seasonic PSU model?
m
l
Related resources
a c 1200 ) Power supply
January 27, 2013 6:21:26 PM

Seasonic is the OEM for the Corsair Professional Series AX850/AX750/AX650 PSUs.

They should work since they share the same modular interface circuit board design and connectors.
m
l
January 27, 2013 6:45:22 PM

I just don't understand if there is wire connecting the PSU to the component why would one company's wire not work. The only reason I could think of is that the clips are different.

Please explain.
m
l
January 27, 2013 8:57:34 PM

I'm going to end up buying these.

Not exactly what I wanted but I can manage.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 28, 2013 2:34:28 AM

Korilic said:
I just don't understand if there is wire connecting the PSU to the component why would one company's wire not work. The only reason I could think of is that the clips are different.

Please explain.

Even if the clips fit, which the main PSU one doesn't, that doesn't mean those clips are wired the same way. These also aren't. So if you plugged them in you end up with the wrong voltage being plugged into the wrong line on the motherboard, and poof there goes your PC.

Assuming just one 6 pin connection with 3 12V and 3 ground. There's at least twenty ways to wire the socket. The best way depends on the PSU design and cable design.

Just as a guess for individually sleeved you'd want to match the motherboard socket so the cables aren't twisted, so you take extra time and effort both designing the PSU and the connections to mean that. In a normal one its probably easier or cleaner to do it differently. Say all the ground pins on the bottom.
m
l
January 28, 2013 2:42:53 PM

Ok thanks for clarifying that.
m
l
!