Sign in with
Your question
Closed

My computer doesn't work with any graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 25, 2012 10:04:39 PM

Hello,
I am having an issue trying to use my graphics card for my pc. When I insert my graphics card, my computer has the beep sound that signifies it is booting but that's it. There is no bios screen or anything it's blank screen. I know there is no problem with my graphics card since other graphic cards with my pc and they had no problems. It is radeon hd6870 but i think I have enough power with 750 psu. So i tried checking my bios setting and I only see igfx and peg at int display first. Could that be my problem? My motherboard is GA-H61M-DS2. Thank you.
a c 1408 U Graphics card
July 25, 2012 10:17:34 PM

You are connecting the monitor cable to the card and connecting PCIe power from the PSU to it?
Score
a c 166 U Graphics card
July 25, 2012 11:31:47 PM

I agree:
- the BIOS should be set to "PCIE", not "IGFX" (IGFX is the motherboard graphics which you won't use)
- make sure you are connected to the VIDEO CARD

Also, you say you know your graphics card works because OTHER CARDS WORK? That's actually backwards. If you can hook up to OTHER cards and then this card doesn't work then your graphics card is the problem.

Based on what you've said (other graphics cards work) it sounds to me like you have a problem with the graphics card.
Score
Related resources
a c 1408 U Graphics card
July 25, 2012 11:41:10 PM

peg=PCIe!
Score
July 26, 2012 12:09:29 AM

photonboy said:
I agree:
- the BIOS should be set to "PCIE", not "IGFX" (IGFX is the motherboard graphics which you won't use)
- make sure you are connected to the VIDEO CARD

Also, you say you know your graphics card works because OTHER CARDS WORK? That's actually backwards. If you can hook up to OTHER cards and then this card doesn't work then your graphics card is the problem.

Based on what you've said (other graphics cards work) it sounds to me like you have a problem with the graphics card.

I'm sorry I made a mistake. I think it works because other card doesn't work. The other card was new and this one is new too.
Score
July 26, 2012 12:12:07 AM

rolli59 said:
You are connecting the monitor cable to the card and connecting PCIe power from the PSU to it?

I'm connecting anything to the card other than the cable from my psu
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 12:14:48 AM

You have to connect the monitor to the monitor I/O on the gpu, not the monitor I/O on the motherboard.
a c 1408 U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 12:28:07 AM

^+1 monitor to card, card will disable onboard if installed in many cases!
Score
July 26, 2012 2:20:22 AM

Best answer selected by slinure.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 11:26:38 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!