sound theme....

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

in XP when you make a sound scheme, and save it, does it create a file of
some sort
that is the theme, or and entry in the registry?
Where can I find the theme so I can back it up along with the new sounds I
have added?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about sound theme

    Microsoft retains the design control for themes, to allow a consistent user interface and ensure design continuity. A theme
    developer's kit will not be available with Windows XP. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnwxp/html/winxpintro.asp?frame=true
    Skins and Themes on Windows. A primer on Windows customization.
    http://www.stardock.com/stardock/articles/skinprimer/skinprimer2002.html

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "kenny" <dot@net.biz> wrote in message news:etGS$h4mFHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > in XP when you make a sound scheme, and save it, does it create a file of some sort
    > that is the theme, or and entry in the registry?
    > Where can I find the theme so I can back it up along with the new sounds I have added?
    >
    > Thanks

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    kenny wrote:
    > in XP when you make a sound scheme, and save it, does it create a file of
    > some sort
    > that is the theme, or and entry in the registry?
    > Where can I find the theme so I can back it up along with the new sounds I
    > have added?

    There's a little bit of info at the sites below.
    The settings are in the registry.

    http://www.icpug.org.uk/national/journals/jnls2000/ej200/art2.htm
    http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/ui_sound.html

    --